February 2014 Moms
Options

Naps... How long before you pack it in?

As in, accept that a nap ain't happening right now.

LO was giving me all her classic tired signs, and she hasn't napped much today, so I put her down about 5, hoping for a short nap to take her through to her next feeding. I swaddled her up, put her down with the pact and rocked her in the lounger, and she went out in about 15 min... And was up 3 min later. We've been doing this dance for almost a half hour now... Fall asleep, I walk out of the room, 3 min later fussing, go back in, reinsert paci, start rocking again, fall asleep. I would keep rocking her if I thought it would help

As I type this she may finally be out, but how long do you try for going down for a nap during the day? We're lucky that she goes down so easy at night, even if we put her down drowsy, I'm spoiled in that regard and not sure how to help her nap!
Suzy & Brian November 3, 2007 "...this one time, at band camp..." ;-)
TTC #1 since 9/2012
BFP #1 2/16/13, EDD 10/13/13, CP 2/21/13
BFP #2 6/2/13
Baby J-Bug 2/8/14 My Wedding Bio from back in the day

Re: Naps... How long before you pack it in?

• Options
    when LO does that, I usually just plop her on my chest and succumb to the fact that I'm not getting anything done during that nap or, if it's been long enough, I try to feed her again. spitting out her binky again and again is a classic "I'm getting hungry" sign for us and now that she's sleeping longer through the night, she wants to eat more frequently.
  • Options
    That's the thing, I don't think shes spitting it out... She's losing it when she nods off but isn't falling asleep deep enough not to notice and gets annoyed when she can't find it again.
    Suzy & Brian November 3, 2007 "...this one time, at band camp..." ;-)
    TTC #1 since 9/2012
    BFP #1 2/16/13, EDD 10/13/13, CP 2/21/13
    BFP #2 6/2/13
    Baby J-Bug 2/8/14 My Wedding Bio from back in the day
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I give in and she gets chest time while I read a book with cookies. The food source will calm her down most of the time ( as a glare at shreaking baby), but not always.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    SuzyQq02 said:

That's the thing, I don't think shes spitting it out... She's losing it when she nods off but isn't falling asleep deep enough not to notice and gets annoyed when she can't find it again.

have you tried other binkies? same thing happened to DD recently and we sized up our MAMs from newborn to 3 months and it fixed the problem! she still loses it here and there but nothing like before.
  • Options
    Like other PPs have said, when DS does this I either hold him and get comfortable on the couch, or I put him in the Moby and walk around/sway until he's out. That nap will just take place on me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"