Breastfeeding
Options

Pumping/Storage ?

I've been pumping into a Medela bottle twice a day after nursing to get a decent amount collected (2oz). Can I then pour this collected milk into one of the Medela freezer bags? Or do I need to just pump into the freezer bags? I don't express enough after each feeding so that is why I collect it over a couple days in the bottles. TIA
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Pumping/Storage ?

• Options
    I had a very low supply in the beginning and would pump as you are until I got a full bottle (however many oz of formula she was taking at a feeding). Once I had that amount, I'd slightly warm the milk to liquefy the fat and then put it in the storage bag.
  • Options
    You aren't supposed to mix cold and fresh milk. I put the new bottle in the fridge until it's cold enough to put in the big jug with yesterday's milk. Then I freeze into bags every Tuesday and Friday.
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    jfresh said:
    Yes you can move it from the bottles to freezer bags. I found pumping into the bags to be kind of annoying and the measurements on the bags aren't accurate.
    This.

You should combine the milk once it's all at fridge temp.

Label the bag with the date of the oldest milk.

Yikes! Okay good to know! Thank you
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"