Cloth Diapering

I should know the answer to this (yeast)

So this morning Harper's diaper area looked fine. We arrive at her 1 yr checkup today and the Dr opened her diaper. BAM! yeast! :( please tell me how to wash this crap outta her diapers. Thanks friends!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: I should know the answer to this (yeast)

• And the fun part is bleaching consistently until it is gone. 

We had a huge yeasty problem in the beginning, and I got some CJ's plus. I use it every other change. I haven't had a yeast problem since even though we have had some problems with thrush still. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Loading the player...
  • And the fun part is bleaching consistently until it is gone. 

We had a huge yeasty problem in the beginning, and I got some CJ's plus. I use it every other change. I haven't had a yeast problem since even though we have had some problems with thrush still. 
    Yeah I figured I'd have to do this till the infection went away. Thanks

• I would just use disposables until it's gone... Plus a day or 2 just to be sure. It's not good for the dipes to be constantly bleaching, plus that will ensure her diapers aren't reinfecting her and harboring more yeast.

It sucks, I know. DD has impetigo which started as diaper rash so I have her and DS in disposables till it's gone. It's highly contagious and lives in fabric. I don't want to mess with that.

TTC since September 2009.

IVF #2: +HPT 2/6/12! ~ Boy/Girl Twins!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We used CJ's Plus when DS2 had it at a couple weeks old, and it cleared his skin up 90% overnight.  I kept using it every change for a couple weeks after he was yeast free to make sure.  I still use it a couple times a week if he looks like he has any red areas.  It is awesome. 
    image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm assuming the nystatin they put her on isn't cd safe so I may do disposables :(

• Honestly CQ, that's what we started doing.  We have battled yeast many times (apparently E and I are yeast magnets.  And yes @mapleme, we take our probiotics.  ;) )  And all the bleaching and liners and all that just gets to be too much sometimes.  No shame in sposies (although I think @yellowlily2013 did it with prefolds and that worked out okay), just remember to keep at it for a week after it clears up.  And do bleach your dipes at least once.  Sorry she has a yeast rash.  :(
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • I used fleece liners for the nyastin. 

• Thanks everybody!

• Yeah CQ, don't bother with all that prescription and anecdotal evidence from the rest of us.  If 3 cycles of diflucan and nystatin couldn't clear up my daughter's yeast rash, I'm sure yogurt would do the trick. 
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • TJ1979 said:
    Yeah CQ, don't bother with all that prescription and anecdotal evidence from the rest of us.  If 3 cycles of diflucan and nystatin couldn't clear up my daughter's yeast rash, I'm sure yogurt would do the trick. 
    I love it, but Yogurt is helping our thrush though. Well when she eats t anyways. But I had the problem under control with the meds first.

• MamaB828 said:
    My local cloth diaper store suggested feeding my DD probiotics when she had yeast. They said it would help the problem from the inside out and that yeast didn't live in the diapers so we didn't need to change our wash routine if we didn't want to. I just switched to sposies and feed her probiotics and it cleared right up! GL! 
    I'm sorry, but I think the person you talked to at your local store was wrong about yeast not living in diapers. @Mapleme is our board fungi expert so we can consult her for a final ruling, but in the meantime I found this from Le Leche League, "Yeast can survive on dry household or fabric surfaces, waiting for moisture to reactivate." Here is the link to the whole article. There is also this from another BF website in reference to thrush (another form of yeast infection), "Whilst washing hands in soapy water will generally decontaminate them, this is not necessarily the case for fabric or pacifiers, which can provide a home to yeast spores for some time, even after they have been superficially cleaned."

• @Mapleme‌ Your fantastic analogies are just another reason we love you so!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"