Natural Birth
Options

XP Hypnobabies

Hi ladies, I also posted this on my BMB. I need some advice please!

I purchased the Hypnobabies home study, and I am finding that I am really annoyed with the program. I do not feel calm or relaxed when I hear that woman talking, she actually gets on my nerves!

Has anyone else purchased it or listened to it and felt like it was more irritating than helpful? I am trying to push through it because I really want to go natural and I feel like I need a coping method or something to focus on, otherwise I will cave. How long would you give it until you stopped a program that was irritating you? Does anyone have any other suggestions about programs that they are using that they really like?

image    image    

Re: XP Hypnobabies

• Options
    I would have a pretty low threshold for dropping a program that I found irritating.  Trying to relax to a voice you find irritating would be like trying to sleep with itchy wool pajamas on!  Make it easy on yourself.  I have done the hypnobirthing class, and I really like the voice on the Rainbow Relaxation CD- she's British and very soothing.  

• Options
    When I first started the hypnobabies CDs I couldn't stand her voice either but after the first few weeks of listening and repeating the words in my own head or whispering them to myself I hardly noticed her voice anymore.

Engaged 10/2/1202
    BFP (a lil quicker than expected) 12/7/2012
    Married to my best friend 12/24/2012
    Beautiful baby girl arrived 8/15/2013
    BFP #2 3/13/2016

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    "Hi... Kerry Tuschhoff here..."

As PP have said, I got less annoyed the more I listened.  I actually pass out pretty soon after it comes on so I'm not really "conciously" listening to her anymore... but my "inner mind know just what to do" ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image  image
    BFP 5/08/13 -- EDD 1/15/14 -- slow hb@7wks d&c 6/07/13
    BFP 8/12/13 -- EDD 4/20/14 -- no fetal pole @7wksnatural m/c 9/16/13, cytotec 10/17 & 10/22
    BFP 11/26/13 -- EDD 8/07/14 -- Born 7/24/14!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I have decided to stick it out. One of the things I really wanted to take away from the program was learning how to relax into the pain, rather than tensing up and fighting it. Looking at it from that perspective, I listened to the CD again and focused on relaxing my muscles and I think it will be extremely helpful for that.  

image    image    

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"