September 2012 Moms
Options

3 Day Potty Training Method

Has anyone tried this yet? I'm thinking of doing this with DD in a week when I have some extra time off work. She has been pretty good about trying to use the potty and she consistently tells us before she has to poop and right after she pees, so I really think she is ready. She has also mastered taking off her clothes so she won't have an issue getting her pants up and down when she is PT'd. I was just wondering if that method actually works.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 3 Day Potty Training Method

• Options
    My sister used it with both of my nieces and swears that it worked.
    Nancy's sitter used it with her daughter, but it wasn't around when her son was PT-ing.

I haven't looked into it.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    It does work...If they're ready.  We tried it with DD when she was 2, it did not work because she wasn't ready.  We tried it again at 2.5 and it worked.

Let her go pantsless and give it a try. Plan it for three days that you don't have to leave the house though, or you'll have a problem.  GL!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Give it a shot, but please be aware that it might not work and she might not be ready.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    edited April 2014
    I have heard it works but haven't read too much into the actual method to speak to it. The way we approached potty training was this:

Started with introducing the potty at bath time.

Later on, he started wearing pull ups and doing all diaper changes with potty time. Even if dry, going to the potty every couple of hours. Daycare did this for us.

About 6 months later. The weekend before we stopped wearing pull ups, we potty trained a doll together. I did the exact plan that I had for him the follow weekend but he was helping me do it with the doll. 

The next weekend, no more pull ups. We wear underwear now!! I really played up staying dry as that is the main focus of potty training. Checked for dry undies every 5-10 minutes. Celebrate staying dry and getting a salty snack to help him drink lots of water. I bought some fun new potty training books to read while we did go to the bathroom to try.

He potty trained at home very easily. Had some problems when he went back to daycare but they worked through that with him. We had an overall very easy time with potty training, but didn't do it until he was 2.5.

Good luck!

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    Not a fan at all. We tried it with DS1 at 2.5 and it failed miserably. I even emailed them for "advice" and nada. I would not recommend it and would never do it again.

We had MUCH better luck with a timer and some M&M's. That's what we will do with DD this summer too.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"