Trouble TTC
Options

Clomid, IUI & HCG

Hey Ladies!!!
Well I got my AF Sat and for the 1st time in more than a year I was actually sorta happy to see it!  HAHA! Weird right!! My husband was kind of confused when I didn't start crying but it means I get to start Clomid and IUI this month!!! Yay! We are very hopeful this will work since I have clear tubes, hubby has great SA, and I ovulate own my own every month.

Anyways what can I expect with this cycle??? This is our first step and first time doing any of this so any insight for whats to come would be wonderful. How is it taking Clomid? Really as bad as everyone says?

This is only my 2nd time posting! Have a great day! Thanks for all the advice and insight!!!
Feb 2013 TTC
Ovulate every month on my own
Feb 2014SA is great
Feb 2014 HSG shows clear tubes
May 2014 start Clomid day 3-7 and 13-20  pending IUI and HSG Shot

Re: Clomid, IUI & HCG

• Options
    I think most people have at least some side-effects with Clomid. I took mine at night and I had really bad hot flashes and trouble sleeping. Some people get really emotional. For me, it sucked, but it was much better than what I expected.

Are you being monitored? If so, you can expect vaginal ultrasounds and blood work around CD 3, then roughly a couple days after you finish Clomid, and then again every couple of days until you're about ready to ovulate, which is when they'll have you trigger.

I'm just about to start my 2nd Clomid + trigger + IUI cycle, and the thing that surprised me the most is that I still didn't ovulate until CD 26 because we didn't know what Clomid dose was best for me yet, and I ended up needing to rounds. If you're ovulating on your own, that's probably unlikely to happen, but I guess just expect the unexpected.

Do you have any other specific questions?

Good luck!
    **siggy warning**  **everyone welcome**

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    DS- 11.07.02
    DSS- 6.26.04
    Married- 6.29.13
    TTC Again- Sept. 2013
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Test Results/Diagnosis- HSG & SA totally normal
    DX: 3/2014 Prolactinoma/Hyperprolactinemia- Started cabergoline 2/2014
    5/2014 Possible mild PCOS in addition to hyperprolactinemia??
    7/2014 Adding probable tubal factor to the diagnosis list
    9/2014 And now adding hypothyroid to the list- Started synthroid 9/2014
    Cycles 1-4 - Sept.-March- All Anovulatory 
    IUI #1 March/April-  Clomid 50mg + Clomid 100mg +Trigger + IUI #1 = BFN
     IUI #2 April/May-Clomid 100mg + Clomid 150mg + Trigger + IUI #2 + Endometrin=BFN
    IUI #3- June- Follistim 75iu + Trigger + IUI #3  Benched due to a 40 mm cyst. :-(
    IUI #3- July- Follistim 75iu + Trigger + IUI #3 + Endometrin = BFP! on 7/25/14
    Slowly rising betas - Ectopic suspected on 8/8/14 & confirmed on 8/11/14
    Methotrexate on 8/12/14 -HCG negative on 9/2/14
    IVF #1- November- Antagonist protocol: 11/1: start stims, 200iu of Follistim; 11/12 ER 17R/14M/14F; 11/17 5 day transfer of two blasts, 2 blasts and 2 expanding morulas frozen; 11/22 BFP!! (On FRER at 5dp5dt)
    Betas: 9dp5dt 205, 11dp5dt 497, 14dp5dt 1,709
    u/s at 5w0d- 1 sac; u/s at 6w0d 1 baby with heartbeat, another sac without a heartbeat

• Options
    My situation is similar to yours.  I ovulate on my own regularly, my tubes are clear, and MH has a great count.  I am in the TWW with my first clomid, IUI cycle.   Like PP's I took  my clomid at night ( I can't take it in the  morning due to thyroid meds), and I did have some hot flashes.  That was really the only side effect for me, but I was also on a low dose.  Even on the clomid I didn't ovulate until CD 21, and I had ultrasounds beginning on CD 12, so I had lots of visits with the vag cam.  I was really  nervous for the IUI itself, but it was a breeze, no pain at all.  Good luck with your first cycle!  I hope it's the only one you need!

Me (29): Hashimoto's, CD3/7DPO bloodwork & ultrasound normal, HSG & SHG(x2) all clear
    DH (29): SA Perfect
    TTC Since Jan '13, First RE Appt Jan '14
    DX: Unspecified Ovarian Dysfunction, Long Cycles
    May '13 BFP, C/P 4w3d
    Apr '14:  50mg clomid + ovidrel + B2B IUI #1=BFP,  Natural M/C 6.5wks
    Aug '14: 50mg clomid + ovidrel + B2B IUI #2=BFN
    Oct '14: 100mg clomid + ovidrel + IUI#3 =BFN
    Nov 14: 100mg clomid + ovidrel + B2B IUI#4=slow response, bad lining, cancelled
    FU with RE, more bloodwork: Anticardiolipin +
    Dec 14: 5mg Letrozole+baby aspirin +ovidrel + B2B IUI#4.1=BFFN
    Jan '15: 5mg Letrozole +baby aspirin + ovidrel +B2B IUI #5= BFP!! 
    Beta #1 210  Beta #2 546

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just keep in mind that everyone is different.  I was so worried about what side effects I'd have from clomid and I didn't experience any. 
    Married on October 20, 2012.  Began trying in January 2013.
    RE appointment & testing December 2013 - February 2014= Unexplained IF, possible endometriosis
    IUI#1- March 22 (100mg clomid, 75 mg of Bravelle, Ovidrel trigger) = BFP!!!

• Options
    The side effects I've experienced are vivid dreams and the third or fourth day taking it I seem to get forgetful/flighty.  I think a lot of people take it at night to lessen the side effects.  Good luck!
    Me:36 DH:40
    Married since May, 2012; TTC since September, 2012
    DX: Blocked Fallopian Tube, Hashimoto's
    March 2014 - Clomid, Trigger, TI = BFN, April 2014 - Clomid, Trigger, TI = BFN, May 2014 - Clomid, estrogen, trigger, IUI = BFN, June & July 2014 - Natural cycles = BFN, August 2014 - Femara, estrogen, trigger, IUI = BFN, September 2014 - Femara, estrogen, trigger, IUI = BFN
    Prepping for IVF in with ER/ET slated for early February

• Options
    I think the ladies covered it pretty well. I also took it at night and did not experience any side effects, hopefully you won't as well. I generally do one ultrasound between day 10-12 as I am out of pocket. You may have more depending on your Dr. This checks your lining thickness, and number and size of follies. I also regularly ovulate, so depending on the month I may or may not trigger (again it is out of pocket). For example if I due to ovulate on a Sunday, I would trigger so I could do an iui on Saturday when my Dr's office is open. However one cycle I chose to wait until I got a positive on on an opk, then called to set up the iui that afternoon. 

Good luck and fx for you!
    Me: 40, Hypothyroidism, well managed, TSH 1.99
    DH: 44 Fine except for low morphology
    TTC since 02/2013  
    08/13: Day 3 tests (ESTRADIOL 20.8; AMH 1.1; FSH 6.2)
    12/13 HSG, all clear
    11/13-5/14 - IUIs #1-3, BFNs, 
    6/14 to present: Taking a break, getting healthier, researching IVF
    Planning for IVF in late summer 2015

• Options
    Hey Ladies!!!
    Well I got my AF Sat and for the 1st time in more than a year I was actually sorta happy to see it!  HAHA! Weird right!! My husband was kind of confused when I didn't start crying but it means I get to start Clomid and IUI this month!!! Yay! We are very hopeful this will work since I have clear tubes, hubby has great SA, and I ovulate own my own every month.

Anyways what can I expect with this cycle??? This is our first step and first time doing any of this so any insight for whats to come would be wonderful. How is it taking Clomid? Really as bad as everyone says?

This is only my 2nd time posting! Have a great day! Thanks for all the advice and insight!!!

I think I am confused by your comment. You haven't had a period in a year, but you ovulate monthly? Maybe I'm missing something.

I've taken Clomid now for 5 cycles. I haven't had the "dreaded" side effects that most ladies talk about. The worse of my side effects would probably be hot flashes and some mood swings, but nothing to write home about.

We've also done 2 IUI's and are working on our 3rd. DH's SA has always been "average", but for us something just hasn't "clicked" yet.

Good luck! I hope you get little to no side effects!! :)

My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 since March 2010

DH - SA = Low Morphology. Great overall count.

August 2012: HSG - All Clear

September 2012: Timed Intercourse 100 mg Clomid CD 4-8 w/ Repronex & HCG Injections = BFN

October 2012: Timed Intercourse 100 mg Clomid CD 4-8 = BFN

September 2013: New Doctor: 50 mg Clomid CD 5-9 & IUI #1 = BFN

October 2013: 50 mg Clomid CD 3-7 & IUI #2 = BFN 

November 2013 to ??? = On a mental break for now.

• Options
    I just finished my 3rd round of clomid however this was my first month of 100mg instead of 50mg. I also took it at night and slept fine but I was super bloated and woke up with a terrible headache 3 of the 5 days on it! I am using a trigger shot and TI this month...we aren't going for iui until maybe July. Just like you, all my tubes are clear and everything is "normal" as far as my DH goes so I also am hoping something will just "click" eventually. Good luck to you!

***SIGGY WARNING***

me: 28 - all test normal
    DH: 33 - SA normal

*unexplained*

TTC since September 2011
    2011-Oct.2013 - trying off and on, ob/gyn, no meds
    November 2013-December-EOD, ob/gyn, no meds

January 2014- ob/gyn ordered Clomid (50 mg) unmonitored, EOD-BFN
    February-Clomid 50 mg. unmontiored, EOD - BFN
    March-Switched to RE
    April- 100 mg Clomid/Ovidrel-BFN
    May - 100 mg Clomid/Ovidrel-BFN
    June-*BREAK/Switch RE*
    July- 5 mg Femara/Ovidrel + IUI #1- BFN
    August- 5 mg Femara/Ovidrel + IUI #2 - BFP!!!!

EDD: May 7th, 2015: Team PINK

• Options
    I totally get the odd feeling of relief at getting AF, I felt the same way after we were finally going to the RE next cycle... I thought, 'it would be nice to have a hail Mary pregnancy, it would make a good story' but getting started finally on your plan for treatment is what you want to do, like GET THIS GOING. I hear you OP!

I just had my first IUI today with hcG trigger after a combo cycle of 5 days of 100 mg clomid then follistim...The clomid had mild side effects for me, I felt hot a few times, nothing that kept me awake ( I took it at 9 pm every night) and I think I had a low grade headache for a few days.  Drink lots of water, I think it helps to stay hydrated during this whole process.  Best of luck!!!

ME:      36, on BC since 1996,  irregular periods.   HUBS:      37, healthy

2001—meet.  2005—marry.  2006—Furbaby is born. 

On BC till end of 2009.  2010 NTNP.   

New Year’s Eve 2010—BFP?! January 13, 2011—early loss, HCG peaked at 324, no D&C needed.

+++++

Feb 2011-Nov 2012—NTNP 

Dec 2012 --present (TTC 20 months) Not even a hint of a BFP

Me:  BW, U/S, HSG, HSN normal.  AMH 2.33.  Hubs: SA normal 

+++++

April 2014--IUI #1 Clomid 100 4-8 Follistim 150 9-14, 5 mature follies at trigger, Peak E2 5/5 1100, BFN 

May 2014 ---IUI#2 Clomid 100 3-7 Follistim 150 8-13, 3 mature follies at trigger, Peak E2 6/6 547, BFN

June 2014--IUI#3 Follistim 150/225 3-15, 3-5 mature follies at trigger, Peak E2 7/11 1450, BFN

July 2014--IUI#4 Follistim 225 2-12, 3 mature follies at trigger, Peak E2 8/12 841, BFN

Breaking till after Christmas, then IVF...taking 4000 mgs daily Inositol and Melatonin 3mg

• Options
    Thank you all! He started me on 100mg  starting today until Friday. I go back next Wed for an us and hopefully schedule the IUI for Friday. I will let you guys know how I am feeling. I think I am going to try to take it at night. Thank again ladies!  :)
    Feb 2013 TTC
    Ovulate every month on my own
    Feb 2014SA is great
    Feb 2014 HSG shows clear tubes
    May 2014 start Clomid day 3-7 and 13-20  pending IUI and HSG Shot

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"