September 2012 Moms
Options

Pantyhose

Let's forget for a moment that pantyhose sucks. If you must wear it, do you have a brand preference? I spent $10 on a pair that was supposed to be super-durable and lovely. They got a hole in them, courtesy of DD, within the first hour I wore them. I bought a cheap CVS pair, and they're going strong after a few washings, but I wish they were a little longer in the legs (tall girl problems). I just need to bide my time for a few more weeks until it's warm enough to go without stockings at all!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Pantyhose

• Options
    I don't think I've worn pantyhose in 10 years.  I had a pair of tights I wore to a wedding & a Christmas party this past year and they were from Lane Bryant, and were the Spanx brand.

You're amazing in my opinion for wearing nylons.  They suck.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    I don't think I've worn pantyhose in 10 years.  I had a pair of tights I wore to a wedding & a Christmas party this past year and they were from Lane Bryant, and were the Spanx brand.

Exactly this.   I honestly don't remember the last time I wore "hose" and would wear pants before them.   Good luck in finding a good brand.  Maybe stick with the CVS brand if they are lasting and summer should arrive eventually.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had one job that was very conservative and we had to wear them with skirts and dresses. I honestly wore a lot of pants those two years, but when I did wear them I just bought cheap ones because no matter how much I spent I ended up getting a snag in them after two wears.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I mainly wear tights, but aren't they too wintry now?

• Options
    melody921 said:

I mainly wear tights, but aren't they too wintry now?

STUCK:
    It's currently 46 and raining here.  That's more wintery than springy to me! :-)  Until Mother Nature gets her shit together and stops making my state a cold, miserable wasteland, I'd continue with tights.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    Guess I'm the odd man out, but I like hose. The last set I got was from Dress Barn, 3 for $10.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    I believe there is a tight for every season (well, except summer). But I'm decidedly anti-pantyhose.
    OK @origamipoppy, where do you get spring-appropriate tights? Show me some examples.

• Options
    I like the Assets brand... kinda like spanx, but I THINK they're slightly cheaper... you can get them at Target.
  • Options
    hmp1 said:
    Guess I'm the odd man out, but I like hose. The last set I got was from Dress Barn, 3 for $10.

Why are these so inexpensive? They look great!

• Options
    melody921 said:
    hmp1 said:

Just looking at them too... $7 shipping, but you can get 20% off with code EAPRIL20, and they're on upromise, so they're probably on ebates...
  • Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    melody921 said:
    hmp1 said:

Just looking at them too... $7 shipping, but you can get 20% off with code EAPRIL20, and they're on upromise, so they're probably on ebates...
    I get mine in store, if you have one.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"