Cloth Diapering

Nicki's / Diaper Safari

Are these the same company? The website designs are similar, and they have the same mailing address.  If so, why the two names?

My order from Diaper Safari from last Tuesday still hasn't even shipped yet.  I'm getting annoyed, especially since all of my other purchases from the same day have actually arrived by now.
Married 8/2008. IVF with PGD March 2013.
3/22 ER: 25R, 20M, 15F. 9 genetically normal, and 3 survived to Day 5
3/27 ET: transferred 1 embryo, beta 9dp5dt=163, 12dp5dt=639
4/25 1st ultrasound at 7 weeks = identical twins with heartbeats?!!!
PPROM at 31w, delivery at 32 weeks of two beautiful girls

Re: Nicki's / Diaper Safari

• I don't know about them being the same company, but I placed an order with Diaper Safari on Tuesday also.  It shipped on Friday.  They probably had an increased number of orders last week with the sale so maybe they're just behind.  If it were me, I'd call if I didn't get a shipping confirmation email by tomorrow.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• The majority of websites I've purchased from have similarities to each other. There were so many sales last week, that everyone was probably busy. A week is a long time to wait for a shipping notification. I would email to make sure it wasn't lost in the cracks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Nicki's is based in Wisconsin(Madison area), I'm not sure about Diaper Safari.
  • Yeah, the same mailing address in WI had me wondering more than the website design.

I did email to check on my order, since it has almost been a week.
  • Yeah, the mailing address should indicate they are the same / same parent company.  Similarly if you go to the website for Bestbottoms, Planetwise, ImagineBabyProducts, MySwimBaby (all brands created by Nicki) and  you buy directly from them it all ships from the same warehouse on 215 Industrial Dr. 
    They run different sales & have different rules for shipping, Diaper Safari doesn't carry all the brands that Nicki's does, but I have noticed they seem to have the same inventory for what they do carry (if Nicki's is out of a certain print or size of something, so is Diaper Safari).  I know Nicki's has actual store in WI, where as Diaper Safari is just web based. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I ordered from Diaper Safari last Tuesday as well and got my diapers on Saturday. I'd call or email tomorrow for sure if you haven't heard anything from them yet.

Huh. Interesting.

• They all have the same web design. They aren't all the same company.

but if they have the same mailing address...?
    Well then that's just silly.

Indeed. Why have two websites selling the same inventory?
  • stoofewok said:
    OP, sorry this is sort of off topic, but I thought I'd throw it in here rather than start a new thread. Has anyone been to the Nicki's retail shop? I'm thinking about venturing there this weekend, but it's out of the way and I'm wondering if it's worth it.
    Been there lots.  Love it!
  • stoofewok said:
    abby8279 said:
    stoofewok said:
    OP, sorry this is sort of off topic, but I thought I'd throw it in here rather than start a new thread. Has anyone been to the Nicki's retail shop? I'm thinking about venturing there this weekend, but it's out of the way and I'm wondering if it's worth it.
    Been there lots.  Love it!
    Awesome! I'll add it to our agenda this weekend while we're in the area then. Do they have a sale/clearance section or is it all full price?
    They have some seconds there for sale.

Going there has definitely helped me compare different diapers.  It's a whole different experience to be able to see and feel the difference in softness,pul,snaps,aplix, size, and overall quality in different brand dipes.  I also like smelling the different CJ's scents.  And trying on different baby carriers.  Which are all things I can't do buying online.

Also they have a good selection of nursing supplies- bras, pumps, breast pads, postpartum care items, etc.  They also have toys, mama cloth, baby carriers, wet bags etc.  They just recently re-did the store and got a lot of stuff in stock.  If you go there on a weekend they also have classes(cloth diapering 101 and babywearing 101).  They are short and informal but great to answer any questions.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"