2nd Trimester
Options

Just for fun--first movements? When and how did/do they feel?

Let me preface by saying, this is not a post about being worried at all, so it's not about advice but more just sharing!  I know a lot of our posts on here are about concern that something has not happened or happened too much or...whatever, but this is really just for fun.

I'm 18 weeks in a few days.  The last couple of weeks I've felt movements in my pubic area and belly that range from gas bubble-ish to muscle tugging to just weird little ligament pangs.  A couple of times I've felt something akin to a little pop.  Anyway, for all I know, this has all been gas and shifting and I haven't felt the little guy for real yet.

When did you feel movement for the first time and you KNEW that's what it HAD to be?  Just curious as to how to feels for everyone in these early movement stages.

I am a first-timer, obviously :)

Re: Just for fun--first movements? When and how did/do they feel?

• Options
    20 weeks, 2 days.
    BabyName Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I have felt movement... mostly it's like that's the baby, or wait could it be... then some days I feel nothing. Which I know it's normal especially in the beginning... I'll be 20 weeks on Tuesday. However this weekend I was just sitting and I felt a real definite thump. My husband felt it too! And he's like that's without a doubt the baby!
    Since then the LO has been moving quite often, kicking, punching, flipping around who know what fun the LO is having! I now understand what it really feels like and when it hurts too! Lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It definitely seems like 20 weeks really is when this happens for most first-timers!  
  • Options
    I was 17 weeks with my first when I felt movements. It was a definite kick and I could hear it too. It was weird. With this one, I was 16 weeks and felt flutters.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

• Options
    I felt flutters around 15/16 weeks. The first time I was so tired I couldn't fall asleep and it felt like little flutters in my lower stomach/pelvic area. Different than gas.
  • Options
    I started feeling occasional "butterfly kisses" at around 15-16 weeks. I was feeling little kicks at about 18 weeks and DH first felt one on the outside at 18.5 weeks. Now at 6 days before my EDD, it feels like she's trying to bust out of there like the hulk. 

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

• Options
    I'm just over 18 weeks and last week I was sitting at work typing, so the rest of my body was pretty still.  I got a feeling in my stomach that I explained to DH as if you are on a roller coaster and you suddenly go down a drop.  This was the first time I felt anything other than RLP or something like that.  FTM here so I'm just guessing that's the "fluttering" everyone talks about.  Felt it a few times since then but nothing really consistent.  I woke up on my stomach one night and was feeling it, DH told me it was LO saying I was squishing him/her LOL

• Options
    I have an anterior placenta so I didn't feel anything until 25 weeks, but when I did finally feel movement...they didn't feel like flutters, they were legit thumps. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I was 18 weeks when I felt the first small movements. They felt like minnows or small fish nibbling - like when you go swimming in a lake or something and they start swimming around your legs.

I felt the first actual kick at 19 weeks while having coffee with a friend. Evidently too much coffee as that kick was unmistakeable!

• Options
    I felt my first little flutters Friday (16w6d), it was totally different than any of my normal gassy bubbles, and I was like, was that baby? then I felt it again wich confirmed it for me. Felt it again this morning. So fun!!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic 

baby development

• Options
    I first felt movement at exactly 18 weeks.  They felt like small popping almost.
  • Options
    I am getting very excited reading all of these posts!  I feel like I might just be a week or so away from confidently feeling some movement!
  • Options
    I first felt my LO right at 17 weeks and a couple days.  I was just sitting at work and it felt like she did a complete somersault or flip.  It was hard to focus the rest of the day.  I hadn't felt much else until the past couple days.  I'm now 19 weeks along and especially at night if I lay on my back, I can feel her squirming and moving.  Last night she kicked hard enough for me to feel it with my hand resting on my tummy.
    This is my first too and it's SO exciting!!  Congrats!
  • Options
    Ive been wondering if Ive been feeling something I just dont know.  Around 17 weeks I started having what felt like almost like twitches in the same spot to the left of my belly button

Yesterday I felt the same thing only right under my belly button. 

Hopefully what Im feeling is LO...Im looking forward to more definate action!
    DH and I Married 11.12.10
    First BPP 1.24.14
    EDD 9.26.14

Baby Cooper John born on 9.24.14 6lbs9oz

• Options
    I felt my first movement just a couple days ago. It was like a poke from the inside... haha, i don't know how else to describe it. But not like anything I've ever felt before.
  • Options
    I am getting very excited reading all of these posts!  I feel like I might just be a week or so away from confidently feeling some movement!

Same here!! I felt the flutters/butterflies right at 16 weeks and have felt that almost every day since. I'm getting excited because it sounds like I should be feeling kicks from the outside very soon! Can't wait to have DH feel them. I'm a FTM as well - and DH has a son, but wasn't involved in any of the pre-birth activities. This will be exciting for both of us!

imageimage
  • Options
    For me, the first time I felt him where I *knew* that was definitely him was at 17 weeks, 6 days. I'm a FTM, but I had been feeling things for about two weeks that I wasn't sure of - I kept saying to myself, "Well, that could also be gas" right up until that day. It felt distinctly different and more deliberate if that makes sense? For the most part I've felt the same as others - sometimes like popping, sometimes like flutters, sometimes like definite strong kicks!
    Southern California
    Together for six years, married for five
    BFP 12/06/13 - EDD 8/11/14 
    BABY BOY born 8/14/14!

• Options
    Glad that the descriptions match what I have been feeling lately. I'm a FTM and in week 22 and have been wondering what is wrong with me. I have been thinking maaaaaaybe I've had some flutters or little movements but mostly at night and not clearly different than gas bubbles or a tummy gurgle, but the past few days it has been much more constant and more like a pop pop pop. I'm like - ok that can't be all gas! Haha. Pretty surreal. Now if the little guy could just perform on command so dad can feel. :P
  • Options
    I felt the first thump like movement at 22 weeks.  :)
  • Options
    Like a PP said my LO's first movements felt like a "tickle belly" feeling like when you are on a roller coaster or go over a small hill in a car.  I started feeling him at 16ish weeks, and I was't particullary enjoying his squirms.  At about 20 weeks the "tickle belly" feeling transformed into more thumps which I enjoy more (for now...I hear they will get stronger and possibly start to hurt).  It's fun to poke my belly and wait for LO to poke back ;))
  • Options
    Anyone see their belly moving in a weird way this early??  Maybe I'm crazy!
  • Options
    Maybe 18 wks? Felt like an air bubble rising to the surface....
  • Options
    I was 17 weeks when I felt her for the first time. It felt like a phone set on vibrate, like flutters. Now at 24 weeks the movements are more noticeable and every now and then Daddy can feel her too. The other night while watching TV I was curled up against his back and he said he could feel her kicking against his back, like little muscle twitches. I love that I can finally feel her moving all the time!!

Baby Girl Koa Lynn, and big brother Hershey

• Options
    I was 16 or 17 weeks. I felt a little tap-tap. It didn't at all feel like gas, so I never questioned it.

Now, at 25 weeks , I see him move all the time and some days he never stops.
  • Options
    I felt flutters around 16wks with this one. Last time it was around 22 that I recognized what I was feeling
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"