16% 21 votes
Sometime between 2 - 3 years old
32% 41 votes
After 3 years
5% 7 votes
SS
7% 9 votes

Re: Forward facing seats?

• I'm waiting until 2 for sure. She doesn't make a fuss so I'm not sure what we will do after she's 2.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Until they outgrow the carseat rear-facing limits. Ours are 50lbs.
  • Loading the player...
  • nesenotesnesenotes member
    edited April 2014
    I turned her yesterday. She is 39.4lbs. The limit on the seat is 40. Plus it was swaying when I turned even though I had the belt really tight. I like that it has 2 tethers this way.

And side rant, I'm annoyed everyone said she wouldn't hit 40lbs till she was like 4. My expensive ass stroller also has a weight limit of 45lbs. Wtf? I'm not ready for her to outgrow all this stuff yet!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
  • @MissMusic - Thanks for the graphic! DS isn't 30 lbs yet and his seat goes up to 40 lbs RF, so I haven't really thought about doing it yet. But as we're putting in the infant seats, I was wondering if age was more of a defining factor.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ss: he has another 20# before he out grows the RF weight. I'll switch him then.
    "Parenting is a constant struggle between making your kid's live better and ruining your own." Willie Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty'
    Anniversary IMAG1763 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @PaddyB‌ Cooper 's ridiculously small. He could have still been in the infant seat after his first birthday! We joke that we won't be counting on any basketball scholarships.
    "Parenting is a constant struggle between making your kid's live better and ruining your own." Willie Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty'
    Anniversary IMAG1763 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @pinkangelmoon‌ what car seat do you have?

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
  • nesenotes said:

@pinkangelmoon‌ what car seat do you have?

@nesenotes the Clek Foonf. Legroom is still great too!
  • We switched Cortlandt around 19 months but Camden we switched at 14-15 months.

Camden was getting carsick and would fight us non-stop and as soon as we turned him around he liked the car again.

We will play it by ear with Jace as well :)
  • C&Csmommy said:

We switched Cortlandt around 19 months but Camden we switched at 14-15 months.

Camden was getting carsick and would fight us non-stop and as soon as we turned him around he liked the car again.

We will play it by ear with Jace as well :)

This was us, unless we wanted to never take our child anywhere without the threat of puke or epic meltdown.

• jfresh said:

Where did anyone say they hate their kid if they are FF?

It's just the air is these type of post breathe. The whole mommy war thing all over again. Thats all.

• versedversed member
    edited April 2014
    @sarasansh‌ & @PaddyB‌ - my kids also have crazy long torsos. I wish we had know we would breed long-torso kids, because we would have totally avoided Britax (despite how obsessed I am with the cowmooflage).

DS1 went from the chaperone to the boulevard and finally into the NextFit so he could RF longer comfortably. DS2 will be moving into the boulevard soon, but will also prob move into a third seat before going FF. Luckily, the boys are close in age so the sharing of car seats will make it okay to buy more, at least in my mind ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Will try to keep going until 40 lbs, which is the limit for her seat. 10 lbs to go! No clue how long that will take...

• @sarasansh‌ - okay, measured this morning. He's 30.4lb and 34" tall. His seated shoulder height is about 13/14" (that was tough to measure). Nextfit goes very tall and was reviewed to say most kids will outgrow weight well before height. The highest shoulder strap is at 17.5" which should be at or below shoulders, so I think we should have some time.

We'll be in the same boat for DS2 - at 3m, he's already 26"+ long and over the 100th percentile. We're also getting tight in the 9m sleepers for length. Thinking we'll get him a NextFit also around 18m.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm at 2-3 here as well. My ex is going to switch him in a few months in his car because his limits are lower than mine. He doesn't seem to mind RF so I'll keep him that way until I have to change him.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I probably should have voted SS because we rarely ride in cars, but when we do, we put the carseat forward.  LO is humongous and much happier overall riding forwards than backwards.
  • We're going to turn her at the end of July, because we can't fit the two carseats in our car if she's rearfacing, unless we want H's knees to be against the dash under the wheel when he's driving. We're also considering buying a second car before DS (I'm going to have a little boy!!!! still excited, sorry!) gets here, and hopefully it'll allow us to keep her rear-facing. It's not even a security issue for us, she HATES being FF. We did a few times when we were travelling or going somewhere with friends lately who already had a FF seat installed, and she cried the whole time and she seemed really scared.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• I voted SS because Mira is such a peanut I don't know when it will be. Does someone have a link for current recommendations? I hadn't really thought about it til I saw the post.

• We have a peanut and just moved her to forward facing in our SUV, but she is still rear facing in her infant seat in our car.  I think I would have kept her rear facing longer, but now she insists on watching TV in the "big car."
    Visit The Nest
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• We just did when we got our new van. He was already forward facing in DHs car, but he hardly ever rode in there.
    GlitterPhoto GlitterPhoto
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Together since 5/08 ~ Married 6/19/10 ~ TTC #1 since 8/10
    BFP#1 3/26/11 ~ EDD 12/2/11 ~ Ectopic Twins left tube 7w3d
    BFP#2 11/2/11 ~ EDD 7/14/12 ~ Robert Edgar born 7/18/12
    BFP#3 9/28/13 ~ EDD 5/20/14 ~ Benjamin Clarence born 5/15/14
  • @ashleynaka‌ she must really be a peanut if she still fits in the infant seat.
    That's what I was thinking too!
    She is about 22 lbs. and 31 in.
    Visit The Nest

• My pedi said after a year it was okay. She is so tall that we did forward facing once she turned one.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage
  • @ashleynaka‌ Is there a reason she is still in the infant seat then? I don't understand why you would ff her in one car and have her in an infant seat in another?

• nesenotes said:
    @ashleynaka‌ Is there a reason she is still in the infant seat then? I don't understand why you would ff her in one car and have her in an infant seat in another?

I only have one car seat. I need to get another.
    Visit The Nest

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"