Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Will she walk early?

inthelostinthelost member
edited April 2014 in Babies: 6 - 9 Months
My daughter is 7 months old (born September 5th) anyway, she's already crawling around a pro. and she's fast. A few days ago, I went to go get her from her crib after she woke up from her nap and saw her hanging onto her crib standing up...and now she's pulling up on anything she can find! And she's standing up for prolonged amounts of time too. Later tonight, she was even hanging on with just one hand. I'm really amazed how FAST she picked this up, she picked it up a lot faster than crawling. Should I expect her to be walking by 9 or 10 months maybe? Or is there no correlation at all and it could still be a good while? Could she just stop at pulling up and not actually learn to walk for a really long time? I'd just like to know what to expect, thanks! 
Liliana Seraphina born 9/5/2103

Re: Will she walk early?

• I am a FTM so I don't have any prior experience other than my current LO. However, it sounds like your LO might be walking faster than you know it! My LO pulls up but it still uneasy when putting pressure on her legs so it might be a while her.

Side note- start seriously baby proofing if you haven't already!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• inthelostinthelost member
    edited April 2014
    I know @CurlingRocks I was asking if there's a direct correlation between pulling up and walking or if they just stay at pulling up for awhile and if it'll still be awhile before she walks, or tries to walk. Just wondering if any BTDT moms knew, I'm a FTM! She's getting pretty good at pulling up (sorry if the pictures are sideways) Anyway, I'm enjoying it all! It did take her awhile to get crawling down and she started by "army crawling" and even crawled backwards before she really got it down. That took awhile but pulling up...she got it down and she took to it QUICK. I was really amazed how fast she got it...
    Liliana Seraphina born 9/5/2103

• Loading the player...
  • DD started pulling up to stand at 7mo. She started walking with assistance (holding our hands) at 10mo and walking independently at 11.5mo. I don't think there's any way to know if your DD will walk early or not.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • It really depends on the baby. 

DD1 was pulling up and cruising by 9 months but didn't walk until she was 15 months. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"