Preemies
Options

Baby book

I'm making my own shutterfly baby book. It starts with the pregnancy "journal" if you will. Then includes the typical baby book stuff. My being in the hospital prior to him being born is an important part of the story I feel but I don't wanna make it too much about how scared we were and how hard it was. DH is of the opinion that we shouldn't put anything "negative" in the book. I would not say it's negative, it's just part of the story and I want to be able to remember how we felt at the time.

How did you do your baby book? Are/did you wait to do it later? I have to say, doing it with everything so fresh is hard. The emotions are still kinda raw and I'm not sure I'm ready to rip off the bandaid.

imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Baby book

• Options
    So far for the baby book I left out the hospital and horrible birth. I wrote it down in a journal and will give that to her seperately when she is old enough. I did put pictures after her birth and the NICU stay but let's say she wants to bring it to school for show and tell, the prior stuff is not necessary, IMO. I have put big things in her baby book, first roll, first major boo boo, first time she sat unassisted, first holiday(s) etc....
  • Options
    Hmm that's a good point I didn't think about it being a show and tell type thing. Maybe I'm going about this the wrong way. I guess I was following one of the templates that had it laid out as a pregnancy journal and then I could just tack on his birth and NICU pictures to the end of that. Then over the next year I planned on making a book of firsts.

I'll have to think about this some more.

imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I did a typical baby book that started at birth. So there are pictures from the NICU, but it focuses really only on the positive things, milestones and such. While the scary pregnancy was part of our story, I didn't want my older child to look at her baby book and feel "bad" about it. I wanted it to be positive and tell her story of growth and development.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"