LGBT Parenting

TTC Check In

Good Morning!

How is your/your partner's TTC journey progressing? Let us know where you're at and how you're feeling with it all.

**Reminder - If you have a BFP to post, please do so in a new thread so everyone can see it! Thank you!**

QOTW: Do you have a line in the TTC process that you're not willing to cross? Have you decided at what point you may move from actively TTC to adoption or any other choices?

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

Re: TTC Check In

• Today we have an appointment to discuss "things" with the RE's Nurse.  It is really annoying because they only meet people during the day and we both have to leave work.  This is after 2 weeks of appointments here & there that we had to leave work for.  Does no one work at night! 

We are trying to not tell anyone that we are TTC because we want it to be as much of a typical pregnancy story as possible. So, leaving work 100000x  with nosy coworkers & bosses is not helping.  We are NOT going to tell them before our families, so we may end up telling everyone.  Hopefully not.  **rant over**

Otherwise, things are moving along nicely :)  We had some SERIOUS baby fever yesterday at our friend's babies' christening. LOL 

QOTW- I'm not sure I would do IVF... hopefully DW would be able to carry if the IUIs don't work.  Her cardiologist switched up her meds so if she does well on them (3-6 mo trial?) that may work.

Married 9~20~13
    L- 34 M- 29
    First IUI (L) 5/27/2014 triggered- BFP
    Singleton due 2/17/15

... cantAloupe ... 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• We are 4dpiui. And S is having weird things going on. Trying not to read too much into anything though. She had some cramping yesterday on and off. She's had hot/cold flashes. Extremely thirsty and random runny nose. Allergies?!?! Idk. She's starving but I know that's from the prometrium. Besides that the meds haven't phased her at all. Jealous!!! They make me super dizzy when I take the oral form of it to start my period. We were told to test on MOTHERS DAY!!! Wtf. Thinking that's not a good idea.

Our sperm sample was not as good as hoped but Dr. Said its "okay". So we are hoping! New had 7 mature eggs. Hoping 1 or 2 takes and we don't become octomom.

QOTW: giving up is not an option yet. We will try IVF if this try or next 2 don't work. Sarah is against adoption where I am not, so I guess if after IVF doesn't work we will stop trying.

10 medicated IUI's (3 with injectables). 
    IUI #1 (medicated) Jan. 2013-BFP!!!!- Beta's didn't double, MTX shot for possible ectopic.
    8 IUI's between April 13-April 14 = BFN 
    IUI #10 and final before IVF, injectables May 2014- BFP!!!!  TWINS!!!!

7 week ultrasound showed 2 wonderful heartbeats!
    8 weeks to the ER with vaginal bleeding while on vacations!  Diagnosed SubChorionic Hemorrhage.  Babies are both great.
    9 week ultrasound showed both babies are still great.
  • Loading the player...
  • CD 3 for me today. We are moving forward with another IUI cycle. I'm starting with 150 Gonal-F tonight, tomorrow and Wednesday and then back Thursday for blood work. I asked the nurse about more progesterone and she said 200 mg/day is max for an IUI cycle. She was going to ask my RE still and see what he thinks.

QOTW: We have gone back and forth so much about next steps. It is hard to give up on IUIs because of the excellent coverage we have vs IVF which would be all OOP. We don't have the money for IVF unless we get a loan. We can do several more IUI cycles before we get to the point where we would have spent enough that it would be equivalent to IVF. We spent some time with friends yesterday who have also been where we are. One suggested we keep doing IUIs until we get pregnant or are told that it looks like I can't have kids. In the meantime, we have officially put ourselves on a list for private adoption. If I'm not pregnant by the Fall, we will probably have to look at me having another lap to look at/remove endo again. I won't have the time to take off from work again until September. If we need to, I will do it again.

All my life, I never really was sure that I wanted to have kids. Now that we are in the thick of the process, I want it more than anything and I want to carry. C has started talking about carrying, which I know she truly doesn't want to do. I'm not ready to give up on my ute just yet. I always thought it wouldn't matter, as long as we ended up with a take home baby. I suppose we will have to consider it and discuss it some more depending on how things go.

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• Good morning, folks!  I'm tottering on the edge of CD1.  I really hope it's today.  I had an 18 day LP - what the hell???  How does that even happen?  I know I O'd on April 10th.  I remember thinking it was early for me but I went with it.  I temped that morning and the morning after and it was 98.2+ the whole time which is where my temps usually fall when I ovulate.  They remained high until this morning when I saw a drop to 97.6 which is my pre-O temperature.  I'm certain I should bleed today.

But as you can imagine I was in a bit of a panic.  It is impossible for me to be pregnant right now.  There's no natural way for that to be possible.  I had irrational thoughts all weekend.  I'm so glad my temp dropped because I was making myself worry.  I came to the conclusion that C messed up my cycle.  She started her period yesterday.  I think I'm going to start mine today.  Maybe her pheromones delayed the start of my period to sync up with hers.  *shrugs* well, whatever, my temperature is down now so all is well in the world :)

This means I get to cycle again!  Yay!  This will be the first time I've been able to try since January!  And I really need to make this one count because it's our last vial of our favorite donor.  He stopped donating recently so... it's go time.  I'm doing acupuncture with this cycle, as well as Follistim and Femara.  I'm going to drink green tea and pomegranate juice pre-O, I'm going to use my Circle + Bloom program every night, and I'm going to take a walk after work every day.  I'm hoping these extra measures make a difference.  I want to try everything I can to make this work!

GTKY: I'll do two more cycles with my eggs/body (including this one) before I hop off the saddle and let C give it a go.  If SHE can't get pregnant within 6 cycles (like me) then we'll adopt, probably.  We'll have kids one way or another but we're both hoping at least one of us will be able to carry.  C isn't gung-ho about pregnancy but she'd be able to manage.  I'd love for her to have at least one baby biologically - I think a baby C would be adorable.  But I won't force it on her if she doesn't have the desire to do it herself.  She might come around if she can see me be a trooper through the first pregnancy ;)

• maggiemay33maggiemay33 member
    edited April 2014
    mrs&mrsk - I just want to commiserate regarding the not wanting any one to really know what you're up to and leaving work all of the time. I told my boss the other day that I needed to leave work early again for like the fifth time in four weeks. He asked me if I was dying. So much fun!

Sending good vibes to every one. This process is such a PITA!
  • Hi All! I'm new here- DW carried DS1, and now it's my turn. I'm on CD 7 right now, and in the middle of my first clomid cycle. I haven't gotten the hot flashes or crying that DW had, but I am so dizzy I feel drunk most of the time, which would be a lot more fun if I didn't have to work or take care of a toddler.

I have PCOS, and haven't been reliably ovulating the past few cycles, and my past two AFs have had to be induced, so I'm nervous, and my RE has me on a lot of drugs. Sending out lots of positive energy and hoping that this is month for us!
  • @maggiemay33 the good thing today is that my boss is on vaca.  No one else questioned it, but I had a "plan" to say there was something wrong with my oil burner & the service people were coming. FUNNIEST thing, I actually did have to hit the reset button on it today -- when I woke up, the temperature in our house was only 63 degrees-- but it was an easy fix. 

PS our appointment was quick & easy.  We got some good info and we are doing "natural" cycle (no clomid) 1st time around. I am praying for no trigger required (hate shots!). possibly only 1 IUI per cycle but the Dr told us otherwise, so I guess we will have to wait and see.  We have to go to a further RE office on CD 1, 10-12 to make sure I can get to work on time (earlier hours, more reliable staff).  If i have to leave work 2x per cycle for IUI there WILL be more questions!   :-P 
    Married 9~20~13
    L- 34 M- 29
    First IUI (L) 5/27/2014 triggered- BFP
    Singleton due 2/17/15

... cantAloupe ... 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Today is day 4 of OPK testing we have one more day of testing before going in for ultrasound and blood work. Not much else to update. 

QOTW: Do you have a line in the TTC process that you're not willing to cross? Have you decided at what point you may move from actively TTC to adoption or any other choices? Already made the decision to pass on IVF with PGD on my eggs to test embryos for a chromosome issue. A normally balanced chromosome can still have a translocation like I do and we do not want the possibility for our child having fertility troubles in the future. As for other options I think a max of 4 IVF cycles for SO to go through. I am hoping that an IUI works well for our first pregnancy with SO carrying and only needing IVF so I can experience pregnancy.

Married in September 2010, started TTC journey November 2012

Me-

7 IUI- 2 CP- 2 BFN

RPL blood work 12/27, showed a balance translocation in chromosome 11;22  

Spouse-

PCOS 4 IUI-4 BFN

New Plan: Reciprocal IVF, me as carrier wife's eggs. Just went through insurance and received partial approval, so my part will go through my IVF benefits and wife's part will be out of pocket. Now just finalizing finance plans to cover the oop costs. Doctors office is in process of moving to a new building so there are no IVF start ups until March/April 2015. 

• Everyone is working so hard--it bolsters me and makes me want to have a good cry at the same time.  You are funny, poignant, gritty, and so filled with love.  I'm thinking of you all!

Our Status Update: DW is marching toward the IVF#1 transfer day. Likely it will be Thursday or Saturday.  She is on 3 vials of Menopur, 1/2 a pen of Follistim and has taken a couple doses of Cent-somethingorother.  I give all these to her; it is my part.  Her follicles are growing, but I think maybe not as many as the RE had thought in the beginning.  There were about 22, and I think, as of today, there might be 10 or 12 big ones, but I'm not really sure.  

She is such a trooper and handles this stuff so well.  I can't believe she isn't a mess, but she seems to be herself in almost every way.  

QOFW: We talked this morning about the possibility that she might not become pregnant from this cycle.  It is sad, but a very real possibility.  So I know we would do at least one FET with her, then maybe an FET with me.  That might be our end, and we would stop with two kids.  I really, really want her to have a baby, so it would just break me to have to give up, but there is a limit, at least for us.  I know she would be sad to not have the baby grow in her, but she would be so happy to have a genetic baby, even if it grew in me.  It probably doesn't help that I seem to get pregnant easily, but I suppose that helps us feel like I am a little insurance uterus!

Take care, ladies!

CageyMack
    37, married to my favorite person in the world, DW! One darling surfer-girl (12) and one darling, sweet boy born 3/16/13.

5/2013 Started TTC #3, DW's turn: 5/2013: Diagnostics (shg) and surgery (polyp rem.) for best chances. July-Oct: IUI # 1-4, medicated, monitored, triggered.  All BFN. IVF in Jan May. Sheesh. Whoop! IVF#1 cycle started 4/2/14. 5/1: 19 eggs retrieved, 8 matured, ICSI'd.  4 fertilized.   Only 2 to transfer/freeze stage. 5/6: Two embryos transferred. 5/15: Beta #1 9dp5dt is 134! BFP! 5/19: Beta #2 13dp5dt is 672! B'erFP! 5/21: Beta #3 15dp5dt is 1853.  Yay!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Things separate from their stories have no meaning. They are only shapes. Of a certain size and color. A certain weight. When their meaning has become lost to us they no longer have even a name. The story on the other hand can never be lost from its place in the world for it is that place.” ― Cormac McCarthy, The Crossing

• I can relate to so many of the comments, hopes and frustrations everyone else has mentioned.

I am d2piui. This was the first cycle of clomid and it did not work-only one 26mm follicle on CD12 and a very thin lining. The iui was also challenging because of "tricky cervix" so it just felt really medicalized to have medication side effects without benefit and 3 different people attempt the IUI. Dr made it seem unlikely to have pregnancy occur with a 4.1 lining. Starting prometrium today. The recommendation for next cycle will be letrozole. Makes me wonder if we will have better success going back to unmedicated.

QOTW: Today RE said they only recommend 3 medicated cycles before moving to IVF. This would be after 6 total cycles for us. DW is pretty adamant about not pursuing IVF and I also had that as my line before we started this process. Adoption and foster care are also unlikely for us, since we considered those options before starting this process.  Like @StacyLH24, for a long time I was not sure about having kids and now it makes me quite sad to imagine not becoming a mom. Fortunately, we are not quite at that decision point yet. Hopeful yet...

TTC at age 37
    Feb '14: Unmedicated IUI=BFN
    March '14: Ovidrel + IUI=BFN
    April '14: Ovidrel + IUI=BFN
    May '14: Clomid, Ovidrel, Prometrium+IUI=BFN
    June '14: Ovidrel, prometrium+IUI=BFN
    Aug '14: Letrezole, Ovidrel, prometrium +IUIx2=BFN
    Oct '14: Letrezole, Ovidrel, prometrium+IUI=BFN
    Nov '14: Letrezole, Ovidrel +IUI
  • @Mellebee‌ letrizol gave us 2-3 each time. We started there. Then went to follistim. First cycle of it got 5 eggs this time 7. Good luck! Looks like were cycle buddies this time. :) how much prometrium are you taking?

10 medicated IUI's (3 with injectables). 
    IUI #1 (medicated) Jan. 2013-BFP!!!!- Beta's didn't double, MTX shot for possible ectopic.
    8 IUI's between April 13-April 14 = BFN 
    IUI #10 and final before IVF, injectables May 2014- BFP!!!!  TWINS!!!!

7 week ultrasound showed 2 wonderful heartbeats!
    8 weeks to the ER with vaginal bleeding while on vacations!  Diagnosed SubChorionic Hemorrhage.  Babies are both great.
    9 week ultrasound showed both babies are still great.
  • I am CD3.  This is my second cycle and the midwife said I needed 3 regular cycles before I could try again.  So looking at June or July depending on what the RE says who we are meeting with on May 7th.  I'm looking forward to start trying again R is a lot harder to read on the mater.

I kept trying really private first time around but this time around I don't know if it will be as easy for me to be late to work due to a change in job responsibilities so I may need to let certain people know what is going on. 

It didn't look like anyone is currently in the TWW but if someone is FX.  And FX for BFPs for everyone who is inseminating this cycle.

Me: 30  DP: 30

TTC#1

IUI#1 9/26/13 BFN

IUI#2 10/26/13 BFP beta #1 99 #2 456

2/20/2014 Brynlee Madeline is taken too soon at 19weeks she was perfect

IUI#3 6/10/14 BFP beta #1 276 beta #2 722 20w A/S shows we are having a girl

• We recently had our consult with the RE in regards to switching to IVF. We were given a lot of information and at this point we both are trying to learn the whole process. Dw will be on BCP until May 20th which seems like FOREVER away. So until then we are trying to relax, educate ourselves on the process and go from there.

QOTW: We are one of the lucky few who have insurance that covers infertility treatments. And we recently found out that the State of Illinois mandates that when you get insurance through your work and your work has more than 25 employees, the insurance companies are required to cover unlimited amount of IUIs and up to 4 IVFs with no lifetime maximum payout. With that being said, our decision to move to IVF was fairly easy. So we have had the talk about when to stop and well we are going to follow what the insurance guidelines are. If DW can not get pregnant with the 4 IVFs then I will try and then well we haven't had the talk for what happens after that should that not work.

Me - 27  DW - 33

Started TTC in January 2014. 

IUI #1 -Clomid, + HCG Trigger BFN

IUI #2 - Gonal F + HCG trigger BFN- benched for 2 weeks due to cysts. Placed on BCP

IUI #3 -Gonal F + HCG trigger BFN - benched for 3 weeks due to 6 cysts. Placed on BCP

Trying again next cycle doing IVF

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"