Trouble TTC
Options

Gonal F Pen Injection Question

Hi, I haven't posted in awhile, but I am finally moving forward with treatment. This is my first gonal f and ovidrel cycle with iui. DH is giving me the injections, as I am too scared to do it myself (big phobia of needles). Yes, I did freak out yesterday right before he did it (the first injection), but tonight I did much better lol. DH seemed a little concerned because after he pulls out the syringe he sees the liquid at the end of the needle. Is this normal? I believe I am getting the full dose, he holds it in me for about 10 seconds before pulling out. I was hoping some of you could share your wisdom ;) Thanks in advance.

**Loss Mentioned

Me: 25, DH: 28
TTC about 3 years
DX: Anovulation
Completed 5 rounds of clomid with OBGYN. 2nd round ended in mc at 5.5 weeks

First RE Apt. 1/21/14

Started First Gonal F/Ovidrel/IUI cycle 4/24/14

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

Re: Gonal F Pen Injection Question

• Options
    Yes its normal. Back in 2012, this happened to me and of course I freaked out and called my RE right away. He did say just leave it in a few extra seconds so you're doing everything right. 

Good luck!
    Me: 31 DH: 31
    TTC#1 since Sept. 2011
    March 2012-June 2012 - IUI's- BFN

Sept 2012= IVF #1- 14 eggs, 9 fert, no frosties. 2 blasts 5dt=BFN
    Oct/Nov 2012= IVF #2- 20 eggs, 14 fert, no frosties. 2 blasts transferred despite mild OHSS=BFN
    Nov 2012= hubby got transferred, moving to new state, time for a break until summer!
    Feb 2013= Natural BFP!! Valentine's day surprise! 
    Mar 2013= m/c @ 7.5 weeks :(

*New RE*
    July 2013= ER for a freeze all cycle. 21 eggs, 9 fert, freeze all day 1.
    Lab is closed in August! (Of course!) 
    Sept 2013= FET #1 - transferred 3 not so great quality day 3 embies=BFN
    Oct 2013= FET #2- transferred 4! 3 good, 1 poor= BFP! On hubby's birthday :)
    Started bleeding at 5w5d. ER trip confirms one gest sac, one yolk sac, no fetal pole. 6w u/s showed nothing. Levels drop from 4,500 to 250. 
    Nov.2013=meet with RE to discuss where to go from here.
           *Tests showed PCOS-ish. High testosterone. Start Metformin 1500 mg.
    February 2014- CLomid, IUI, Trigger. 4 juicy and ripe follies (24,25, 28 and 34!) 111 million post wash sperm count. BFFN!!!! WTH?
    March 2014- Over my RE. Year of fun for us and looking into RMANJ.
  • Options
    Oh good. I will have him leave it in for 15 seconds tomorrow and see. I told him, he is now relieved. Thank you!

**Loss Mentioned

Me: 25, DH: 28
    TTC about 3 years
    DX: Anovulation
    Completed 5 rounds of clomid with OBGYN. 2nd round ended in mc at 5.5 weeks

First RE Apt. 1/21/14

Started First Gonal F/Ovidrel/IUI cycle 4/24/14

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It happens to me too. I leave the pen in for a while and there is always still a drop or two that comes out when I pull it out.
    Fucking bump!!!!
  • Options
    The same thing happens for me as well.

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"