2nd Trimester

Headaches

Does anyone else get dreadful headaches? I'm getting daily ones now at 14 weeks.
Any tips to ward them off or simply relieve them would be fabulous!
Thanks you

Re: Headaches

• I have been dealing with migraines my whole life but it's super difficult to control during pregnancy. Here is a link to a thread I started https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/comment/81421529#Comment_81421529
  • I get headaches too. My OB recommended 500 mg magnesium oxide a day for prevention. Haven't tried it yet, but I've heard from others that it does help. Good luck - it's no fun having headaches all the time!
  • Loading the player...
  • I feel like I got them too at that point. Make sure you are drinking a lot of water. Also my allergies have kicked it up a notch the last couple weeks, so it could be that too.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Not personally, but it would be a good idea to mention it to your doctor. Severe headaches are one of the symptoms pregnant women should always tell their doc about.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• 2nd tri headaches are no fun. There was a similar thread on my board awhile back and most answered with staying hydrated, Tylenol, caffeine, and an ice pack on the neck/head and feet in warm water(something about drawing the blood away). Hope you get some relief.

• Yep. Every day. I am using peppermint oil and occasionally Tylenol or caffeine to help. A nap always works. And more water.

imageimageimage
  • Mine started at around 13 weeks, I chug extra water (typically does not help). The only thing that helps me is taking a nap, which I can't do at work. I have stayed away from Tylenol, but will resort to it if needed. Small amounts of caffeine has tended to help, but since I don't drink it much it makes my heart race.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have been getting very bad headaches on and off. Not sure if they are pregnancy related (I have a history of migraines) but acupuncture works great for me, and it's safe during pregnancy. I leave and my headache is gone. Just double check your dr is ok first with it!
  • yip ive had them for months now and its really wearing me down. everyday in the afternoon i get them and nothing sorts them other than sleep which i cant do at work.  i drink plenty too. grrr dont you just love being pregnant
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"