1st Trimester
Options

Decaf Tea and Tea Lattes

Im a heavy tea drinker, and I switched to decaf tea (with splenda) when starting TTC.  I drink 6-7 cups a day, but I re use my tea bags a lot, so I use 1-2 bags of decaf tea a day. I will make a whole liter of hot tea at work in the morning and drink it throughout the day.  Its getting to be warmer, so I follow that up with a thermos of water instead of another batch of tea.  I also have a couple of decaf tea lattes at home in the evening.  Im lactose intolerant, and have an aversion to milk, so the lattes are the way I get calcium now (before lattes, I had milk on cereal about once a week, and that was all).  I have cut out most soda, but I do indulge in 1 can of Dr Pepper (41mg caffeine) a day.

I cant figure out if the 8mg of caffeine on the tea is per cup, or per bag.  Using the limit of 200mg of caffeine a day, I figured I could drink up to 19 cups of tea and one can of dr pepper and stay under.  Is my logic faulty or should I be okay?

Me: 34    DH: 28.  Married Jan 2012.  Started TTC Jan 2014.  Got our first BFP April 28th. Baby Boy Born: December 24 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Grow! photo leela_grow.gif

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    There are plenty of foods that have calcium; cow's milk isn't the only (or best) option. Dark green veggies, broccoli, and almonds all have lots of calcium.
    Baby Merlin! imageDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The math in this thread made my brain hurt. 

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"