Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Recurrent loss and answers (living children mentioned)

I have had two back to back losses. I also have two children. After the second loss I had a d & c and the tissue was sent off to be analyzed. Curious as to how many of you who have had recurrent losses have had testing done on the tissue or on yourself and if so, what answers did you get?

Best Answer

Answers

• I had a very early MC in march last year and a loss at 19 weeks in march of this year. I had a natural miscarriage at home with the first, and my OB said it sounded like that one was just implantation issues. I did chose to have our son tested. I'm glad I did. He had severe spina bifida and hydrocephalus. Turns out it was caused by my vitamin deficiencies that I wasn't even aware of until recently, folic acid being a major one. Thanks to the testing that was done I know that his problems were not caused by genetics and that if I do get pregnant again in the future (and keep taking my vitamins BEFORE I even get pregnant) there will be little chance of it happening again.  

....................................................................................................................................... 

Big Sister Piper

Born at 37 weeks, strong NICU survivor

Friday, November 13th, 2009, 7:17 AM

Baby Brother Link

Born sleeping at 19 weeks with Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus

Sunday, March 2nd, 2014, 7:27 PM

.......................................................................................................................................

• Loading the player...
  • EllyD14 said:
    I've had RPL testing and karyotyping of POC as well as myself and my husband. Unfortunately I never got answers. Everything always came back normal.

Ticker warning......

This exactly. I have a three year old that took a while to conceive. It took about 2 years to get pregnant again to have an early loss and then a second miscarriage at 10 weeks. Ive had all of the blood tests (maybe a total of 25), karyotyping on myself and hubs, fetal tissue testing on the last fetus and everything is normal. The only thing that my RE says he can 100% says I have is "uterine flexion" (aka titled uterus). It definitely sucks to not know answers

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I also had 2 back to back losses. The 1st I passed naturally. The 2nd I had a D&C but doctor said testing would probably come back normal and cost us a lot, so my husband and I opted out and decided we would have testing done on ourselves. My bloodwork just came back showing that I have MTHFR. We are still benched until June so for now I'm taking prescription folate and will have to get lovenox injections when I become pregnant again
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"