December 2012 Moms

Vacation

Just got back from a week long vacation in Cancun. It was a good trip but definitely not the same with a toddler, we should have brought a grandparent or someone to help. Flying was a bit of a nightmare with her wanting to run around the plane, naturally being 1 she wants to go go go. Dd did great in the pool her biggest thing was she thought she could swim, and kept pushing off of us to let her go, no fear lol! I was a nervous wreck with her in the ocean with dh, so we only did that once! Naps were a little hard, she just slept in the stroller. Everyone in the resort loved her, and new her name by the end of the trip lol, she's a little to friendly. A good trip like I said but very different than the usual vacation, but worth it!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Looking when we first got there
Swimming with daddy

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Vacation

• We learned years ago that you need a grandparent on trips.
    It looks like tons of fun. How was she with sleeping in the hotel?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • It looks beautiful. I've never been to Mexico.

We invited my inlaws when we went to Turks and Caicos in November and they declined. I'm still not sure why since they have the money and are both retired. We probably won't invite them again, but I agree it would have been nice to have someone so we could get out for a night. I know someone that has gotten babysitters while traveling through the hotel, but they tend to stay at places we can't afford and I would be too paranoid that my daughter would get kidnapped to enjoy myself.

I second the question regarding sleep? That was the hardest thing for us. She really did not sleep well in the hotel crib.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

• Loading the player...
  • We had ordered a crib for the room and she slept it in every night except one, she cried and slept with us that night. She was so exhausted from not napping well, being in the pool, waterpark and beach all day she just crashed at night. I just put her in there she rolled around and was out in literally five min, which was good because then we were free to move about the room and watch tv, without disturbing her. Normally she's a light sleeper and we can't even flush the toilet at night in the hall or else it will wake her lol.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @JessAnnJ‌, I heard Turks and Caicos is gorgeous, my friend went there last November. They had a baby club at our resort but dd had to be 18 months, we tried telling them she was 18 but then they asked for her passport, so that squashed that. I was a little hesitant about putting her in there anyway about being kidnapped lol but it looked cute, and they gave you pager in case they needed you.

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"