not supported — The Bump
VBAC

not supported

I'm a mother of 4 with #5 coming in May. My 1st 2 were vaginal. My 3rd was am emergency c - section due to his declining heart rate & my last was 12 months later also a c - section due to the weight of the baby & the concern i was only a year from last c - section.

It has been 4 years now & I want a vba2c. After speaking to the Dr/ practice, the only excuse they are giving me is that I had 2 c - sections. I asked for a medical reason &they stayed they just don't do them. After speaking to the L&D hospital they suggested I come in for their vbac class. I signed up but I really don't want to return to the Dr's office after this week & just call while in labor.

Any advice on what I could say or due to get the office to support me? It's really making me depressed & guilty that I may be placing myself or my child at risk. But after some further investigation a c - section would be a higher risk for me.

Re: not supported

  • From what I've heard, there are doctors/practices that just refuse to do VBACs or will only do them under very limited circumstances, and it sounds like yours might be like that. Your best option is probably to start researching OBs in your area who are VBAC-friendly and switch to a practice that will work with you to have the birth experience you want. Good luck!
  • I agree with PP.  Unfortunately, some practices outright refuse, which is unfortunate because you rarely hear of blanket bans regarding any other procedure.  It seems like the patient and doctors should be able to work together to come up with a medically safe plan that acknowledges the patients feelings regarding the matter.

    You should contact your local ICAN chapter to see if they have information on providers that are VBA2C friendly in the area.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Ok I looked up our local chapter & I'm hoping they can help me or direct me in the right direction. I just want the opportunity to try. Or simply allow my body to go into labor instead of scheduling a day. Thanks for the advice. 7 weeks & counting.
  • I'm looking into switching to someone that will do VBA2C, there aren't many in my area that will do them. 

    GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL
    !
    babybaby
    BabyGaga
  • Update:
    went to my 36 week appointment & I was able to see the organ that delivered my last child. He asked if I was willing to do a rcs & I told him I would rather attempt a vba2c. I was astonished that he didn't try to talk me out of it & actually looked quite surprised that I was wanting to take that route. He went over the risks & stated that they won't induce me. He also said he will support me 100% as long as it keeps the baby & myself safe. I'm so elated & now excited to see what date my LO will decide to come. Once again thanks for all the support. Good Luck to you all!
    Ardmhs83
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards