September 2012 Moms
Options

Weekend plans?

What's everyone up to this weekend? 

DH signed us up for a "Who's coming to dinner" from church.  Our church is really large, so even when you break it down into stage of life (ours is newlyweds to preschool aged kids,) there are a lot of people you don't know.  We're basically hosting and three couples we likely don't know will come to our house for dinner.  Nobody knows ahead of time who will be there- one couple hosts/does drinks, one couple brings lasagna, one couple brings, salad, and one couple brings dessert.  Not gonna lie, I'm a little nervous- I'm a total introvert, so I hope it's not awkward!

We don't have much of anything planned for Sunday, so I hope it's relaxing.

Re: Weekend plans?

• Options

We are doing Costco today and probably go out for lunch. Then we have an evening wedding to go to (totally low-key). My husband used to sort of mentor their young neighbor who was always getting into trouble and it's his wedding, so it will be very small and low-key so that is nice.

Then Sunday I'm going to the movies with my little sister while DH stays home with DS. I'm looking forward to that. I haven't spent much time with my sister in the last little while so I'm excited.

• Options
    We have a showing at 12 so I'll spend this morning gettingn ready for that. After that we (meaning DH) is painting the front door and some of the trim in the house.

I need to get out of bed first...

Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    That sounds like fun! Or like it could be fun ;)

DS1 has his second soccer game in an hour. I'm not looking forward to it. He cried so much last time. For no real reason. When he was on the soccer field, he was digging holes in the dirt and talking to the clouds. If I make it through that, I plan on doing nothing else the rest of the weekend. Moty.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • Options
    That church dinner sounds fun! You all are in the same awkward boat so it will be easy to get along!

We are going to visit H's step dad who had a second surgery to try to remove a brain tumor. He really wants to see Quinn but she has a nasty cough and congestion so she can't go. I'm sad because I know she would really cheer him up.

We don't have anything planned for Sunday. Some power washing and lawn mowing. Then hopefully I can have our new deck furniture delivered next week. 
                         Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @watercolor5 that does sound like fun!! 

I am doing my first yard sale :S I have been preparing for like a month, but am still way underprepared. H is going out of town for the day, so my mom is coming to help with Jasper, but it's still most likely going to be a disaster. I wanted to sell like, all of our old unwanteds, but only actually got around to washing and marking Jasper's clothes, so it's going to be much smaller than originally planned. 
  • Options
    I'm on a "girls weekend" til tonight. Pretty fun! As usual, can't wait to get home to my DH and little:) DH leaves tomorrow for Orlando for almost a week. He's been gone 4/6 of the last weeks and am getting excited for his travel to slow down soon.
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @jessk86‌ It's not too late! Just have a $1 table, a $5 table, etc. and put stuff for those prices on the tables. People won't care about how organized it is! Good luck!
                         Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    This is actually a relaxed weekend for us which is nice. I need to do some organizing in the house but otherwise it's just a grocery store trip that we have take. Hopefully we can get the kids outside on their bikes today and get them to the pool tomorrow
  • Options
    27boo27boo member
    That dinner sounds kind of fun! Boo woke up at 4:30, so we're snuggled up on the couch watching Frozen. Later we're headed to Art Under the Elms with my mom and brother's girlfriend. I hope the good food is there instead of at the fair. The fair sounds/looks overwhelming. I think mu brother and his gf are coming out for dinner and games. No idea what to make.
    Aria September 18, 2012
    Baby Due April 17, 2015
  • Options
    My mom is visiting this week, so hopefully she will play with DD and DH and I can tackle the rest of our todo list.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm working today. My MIL is in Germany for two of my normal work days and I had a stomach bug so I needed to work. My sister has the baby and I'm worried. I really have no reason to. The baby loves her cousins. I don't like my sister's dog but they will watch him. She wants to take her out since my niece needs a gift for a birthday present. I feel like I'm going to get the baby back in a booster eating candy or something. I tried to give instructions without listing off rules. Why can't I relax? As long as she's in the car seat buckled properly nothing else matters.
  • Options
    What's everyone up to this weekend? 

DH signed us up for a "Who's coming to dinner" from church.  Our church is really large, so even when you break it down into stage of life (ours is newlyweds to preschool aged kids,) there are a lot of people you don't know.  We're basically hosting and three couples we likely don't know will come to our house for dinner.  Nobody knows ahead of time who will be there- one couple hosts/does drinks, one couple brings lasagna, one couple brings, salad, and one couple brings dessert.  Not gonna lie, I'm a little nervous- I'm a total introvert, so I hope it's not awkward!

We don't have much of anything planned for Sunday, so I hope it's relaxing.
    My parents' church called these "Dinner Clusters" or something like that.  I of course immediately thought "cluster fuck" so asked my parents how their cluster fuck was every time I called for about a year.  I mean, cluster?  Really?
  • Options
    bosha711bosha711 member
    edited April 2014
    The church dinner sounds like it could be fun!

We don't have much planned. MH let me sleep late this morning. DS had a haircut appt in an hour & we'll probably hit up a park this afternoon.

Tomorrow MH plays football in the morning & then DS has a bday party at one of those blow up jumping places.

• Options
    harti09 said:
    I'm freaking exhausted this morning. I was up really late on a major caffeine buzz. I thought I'd have some last minute things to take care of in preparation for DH coming home, nope. Turns out I drank a bunch if coffee for no reason. 

Got word around dinner time that his aircraft has broken down. There's a least a two day delay. Annoying. 

We're doing the children's museum and meeting @ShadowsRainFalls today. 

The rest of the weekend will be spent slowly finishing up stuff around here, since there is now no urgency to clean the garage and tackle a laundry monster.  
    Ugh I'm sorry about the delay.  DH got stuck in Germany for days on the way back from Iraq- it's super frustrating and anticlimactic when they keep saying "He's coming- just not yet!"  So excited for you that you get your DH back soon, though!
  • Options
    We did the cloth diaper change event this morning and then hit up a consignment sidewalk sale for more crappy tee shirts for E to wreck at school (hahaha). I let him pick some out- lots of yellow.

Spring festival in our town when E gets up, then engagement party tonight.

Tomorrow, no idea. Prepping for a yard sale we are hosting next weekend.

• Options
    Today is DH's bday! This morning Jack had swimming and I ran a few errands,including stopping for some delicious cupcakes! We'll have a mini party after nap-time because tonight is my school's retirement party and my teammate of 12 years is retiring after teaching for 40 YEARS! So I feel bad for DH but I have to go.
    Tomorrow we are going to the Cubs/Brewers game in Milwaukee with all of DH's family. 13 of us in all.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    BPerBPer member
    H works Saturdays, which sucks because I don't really get a break.
    I feel like we're going to have to figure out a way for me to get some help on the weekends. My sciatica is so horrible that I can barely move by the afternoon. Is it July yet?
    We're going out to dinner for my mom's retirement tonight, and even have a sitter, but I'm just not up for it. Blah. Pity party, table for one over here.

• Options
    Holly_1007Holly_1007 member
    edited April 2014
    Stayed up way too late Last night cleaning and purging and listing stuff for sale on craigslist that we don't use anymore. I started painting the trim in our house like 2 months ago, and decided at 9am that I needed to work on it today, despite the fact that keagan had a birthday party to go to at noon, and then we had dinner at my IL's so I didn't get as much done as I wanted. Hopefully I will be able to do some more tomorrow. My brother has a soccer game 10 minutes away tomorrow, but my parents won't plan the extra time to come see the kids. So hopefully if it isn't raining we can go to his game.

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    Yesterday we had soccer, naps, lots of outdoor play, then went to the neighbor's baseball game. DH left this morning for a work trip. Sitting here hoping James takes a nap, lol. We will go out when they wake to the library and my parents' house.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"