Late Term and Child Loss
Options

PgAL Check In

hope this finds you all well and positive this week! If you have any questions you would like answered, please don't be shy! You can also ask the PAL ladies. Grow little ones, grow!

~ ~ ~ This is my first week posting the check in, so please let me know if there is anything that needs to changed or added!
~ ~ ~Congratulations to @Dixon813 and @gertiebarden on your rainbows!

How far along are you?

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones?

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions?

QOTW: Do you plan to have a shower/blessingway for your rainbow?  Did you have a shower for your lost LO?

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week?
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers    
  *All AL Welcome*    imageimage

Re: PgAL Check In

• Options
    How far along are you?   26w 4d

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones?   My next OB appt is next Wednesday,  I'll be taking my 1 hour GTT, too.  I failed the 1 hour with Izzie, so I am not optimistic.  My next u/s isn't until 5/5.  It feels forever away!

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions?   All sorts of stuff!  Backpain, bloating, exhaustion - oh my!  So far no swelling and BP is staying in a healthy range. I am keeping a keen eye out for any Pre-E symptoms, since that is the best guess for why we lost Izzie.  Cravings continue to be sweets!  Yesterday I satisfied my sweet tooth with a large chocolate shake!  Yum!

QOTW: Do you plan to have a shower/blessingway for your rainbow?  Did you have a shower for your lost LO?  My baby shower for Izzie was planned for the weekend we lost her, so it obviously didn't happen.  My sister generously offered to host a shower for this baby if we wanted.  DH and I went back and forth.  Ultimately, I don't believe a shower is a jinx.  Sadly, I am just not that powerful.  Plus, I have been feeling like people around us aren't excited for our little guy and I think that comes from them not knowing if they can be.  I think DH and I owe it to our little guy to celebrate him and to lead by example.  So that our friends and family know it is okay to be excited for him, too.

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week?  Always my Izzie, but especially today.  Today marks 11 months since we lost her.  I can't believe we are almost a year out from our loss.  My little guy has been a little inactive today, which of course drives PgAL brain into overdrive.  I just hope so hard that we will get to bring our little guy home.  
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers    
      *All AL Welcome*    imageimage

• Options
    How far along are you?18 weeks today

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones? Next appt is in two weeks. Then u/s two weeks after that.

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions? Still really tired. All I want to drink is a giant glass of ice water.

QOTW: Do you plan to have a shower/blessingway for your rainbow? we talked about having a welcome shower, but we will see. I don't want to have a shower before the baby is born scared I guess. Did you have a shower for your lost LO? No

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? Pgal brain is driving me INSANE! I wake up in the middle of the night and a million things are running through my mind and I can't sleep, so much anxiety,I am so afraid.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you @princezjk‌ for running the check in!

How far along are you? 36w6d

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones? Csection on Monday!!

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions? I'm super sore and having a lot of hip/back/pelvic pain. I'm not really having any cravings.

QOTW: Do you plan to have a shower/blessingway for your rainbow? Did you have a shower for your lost LO? We had a shower for these babies back in February. We didn't get to our shower date with Elliott and Ryland. They were born a month before our scheduled shower.

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? I'm scared to death about the csection. I wish I could have them naturally. I'm also really nervous about having them so early, but my MFM thinks that with my BP issues and my diabetes going any longer and I risk stillbirth. Just praying for a good outcome. My little guy has been quiet the last few days which makes me nervous, but I know he's in a position that makes movement hard for me to feel as well. I'm trying to stay positive and know that I'll be bringing my rainbows home in less than a week.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimage

• Options
    How far along? 10 weeks 5 days

Upcoming Appointments or Milestones? Yes we should be getting the results of our genetic blood test next week or the following. I also have an ultrasound with an MFM at the beginning of May due to our loss history. So nervous.

Symptoms/cravings/aversions: Lots of all day morning sickness. I am craving salty foods and protein. I can't stand water right now so I water down lemonade etc.

Question: I don't think I will have a shower for our rainbow. It makes me too nervous but I know that this baby does deserve to be celebrated so maybe something once he or she is born. We didn't have a shower for our baby girl because sadly we knew that she wasn't going to live due to her diagnosis and because she passed away in the second trimester.

Open Topic: I am just trying to be as positive as possible while waiting for the genetic bloodwork to come back but one day feels like ten. It's very scary. I keep telling myself that this pregnancy is different and that our loss history doesn't mean that this baby won't live. It's a struggle for sure. I just have to have hope and faith that it will be OK. Everything about this pregnancy so far has been hopeful so far so I am clinging to that.
  • Options
    I missed last week since we were on vacation, and I just answered really late on the last post. But I'll join in today too ;)

How far along are you? 22 weeks

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones? just my glucose test in a few weeks

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions? so far so good

QOTW: Do you plan to have a shower/blessingway for your rainbow?  Did you have a shower for your lost LO? We had a couple of showers for our son back in June. Then we found out he had no heartbeat (9 months ago today - so sad) and we have had all that stuff sitting around the house since last summer. I was so excited to use everything and it has been tough to have our nursery sitting empty. I want this little girl to be celebrated, but I am really hoping no one throws me a shower this time, especially at work.

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? My doctor says that based on last time we don't need to worry about anything going wrong in this pregnancy until 32 weeks - ha. ok I'll just stop worrying then...

first son stillborn 7/20/13 at 39 weeks due to Acute Fatty Liver of Pregnancy
    It's a girl! Baby Anna was born August 3, 2014!

• Options
    mmsweeney1mmsweeney1 member
    edited April 2014
    @ajsweeton   Hope everything goes well on Monday. I just love the names Caroline and Oliver!

• Options
    MCH77MCH77 member
    I'm 5w1d

Appointments/milestones: my next personal goal is May 1. Than my 8w appt will be May 12.

I thought about trying to get into the dr sooner, but the thought of not seeing a hb bc it's too soon kills me. Than its Timothy's EDD, my birthday, and Mother's Day. I feel like that week will be busy and emotional already, so I'm waiting.

Symptoms: hardly anything. :( I normally have horrible m/s, I'm trying to remember when that normally starts. Hopefully I feel like crap soon.

QOTW Shower: we had one for my DS (now 2 1/2). I was not expecting to have one for Timothy, 2nd showers/sprinkles are not big in my area. I doubt we will do anything for this LO.

Open Topic: I'm ready for summer. This long, cold year is slowly killing me.

BFP #1 March 24, 2010; missed m/c May 26, 2010 @ 12w 4d; D&E May 28, 2010

BFP #2 Oct 20, 2010; My little boy was born on July 5, 2011

BFP #3 April 30, 2013; Chemical Pg May 5, 2013

BFP #4 Aug 22, 2013; It's a boy.  Loss discovered at 24 weeks on Jan 15, 2014 (cause CMV virus)    

<3 We love and miss you Timothy <3

BFP #5 April 6, 2014; missed m/c May 15, 2014 @ 9 weeks; Misoprostol May 15, 2014; D&C May June 3, 2014

• Options
    @ajsweeton‌ - GL Monday and we can't wait to "meet" your new LOs!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    I am about 6 weeks.

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones?
    I have my first appointment with a MFM on 4/29, I am nervous about it actually.

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions?
    I love anything sour, banana peppers,salsa with chips,frozen lemonade

QOTW: Do you plan to have a shower/blessingway for your rainbow?  Did you have a shower for your lost LO? I didn't have anything when LO #2 past away. I pray this baby sticks, if so I want to celebrate with a family gathering. 

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week?

What I have on my mind this week is that I am scared. Sacred to buy this baby anything when it comes to knowing what the baby is. We were so ready when we were expecting Elizabeth, storing her things after she grew her wings was so painful. I feel sad because sometimes I wish that this baby was Elizabeth. Just taking it a day at a time. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    @Bruton8288 I very often find myself wishing this baby is my first baby again (still at 22 weeks!) I am even still struggling a little bit because she's a girl instead of another boy. I don't think you should feel bad... we can't help missing our angels! ((hugs))

• Options
    @ajsweeton- They are beautiful!! Congrats!
  • Options
    @ajsweeton‌ - congratulations! They are beautiful!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • Options
    @ajsweeton‌ congratulations! They're beautiful!
  • Options
    ajsweeton‌ So very sweet!!!
    ~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @dixon813 and @gertiebarden congratulations on your rainbows!!  I'm so happy for you.  Can anyone link me to their post about their LOs if there is one?

@ajsweeton, congratulations!  They're so beautiful!
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"