C-sections

3rd C-Sec set but worried about going into labor on my own

I just scheduled my third c-sec for June 30th for our third baby boy. My first c-sec was after 13hrs of labor and my second was a scheduled at 39 weeks. I'm worried since its my third I may go into labor on my own before my date. Has this happened to anyone here that it wasn't their first baby? People keep saying "your third will come early" and after talking to my Dr. he said there is no evidence that since it is my third I will go into labor on my own. If you do go into labor on your own, do you just go in and they give you the spinal and its a go? Do you have to labor at all? I'm just curious. 
IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: 3rd C-Sec set but worried about going into labor on my own

• WorcbrideWorcbride member
    edited April 2014
    DS was scheduled for a RCS at 39 weeks, he decided to come at 37 weeks.  I had contractions, went into L&D, waited about 4 hours for an OR (and because I was at 36w6d and they wanted to wait until I was in my 37th weeks so he wouldn't be considered a premie...he was born at 1am--37w1hr lol).
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Kim22Kim22 member
    I had 3 scheduled CS's. I went into labor early with the first 2 but somehow made it to the schedule one with #3 so you never know. When it was scheduled my dr and I were like yeah not going to make it but I did. (#2 was scheduled for June 30 for me a few years ago but she came on the 23rd.)
  • Loading the player...
  • 1A1A member
    I have my third rcs scheduled for 6/23. I was early with my first at 37w 5. But my second stayed put until the schwduled c at 39w1. I don't anticipate this one early.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks ladies!
    IAmPregnant Ticker

• I like to schedule my c-sections late.  This one will be scheduled for 40w2d.  If I go into labor on my own, I will just go in, get my spinal and that will be that.

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• GummyBear101GummyBear101 member
    edited April 2014
    Thanks for this post and all your responses- I'm in same situation- 3rd routine csection and wondering chances of going into labor beforehand since it isn't scheduled until 39 wks 5 days. First two were scheduled at 39 wks 4 days and then at 39 wks 1 day, made it to both those. My guess is I will make it.
  • On My third c/s was scheduled a week before. This one is only 3 days prior to due date. I have the same concern but know some one is on call and c/s will quickly happen.
    My first was born with in an hour of me arriving and checking in at hospital.
    Married my best friend on 5/14/05
    Three Girls: Bits 2/08  Biscuit 10/09 & Sweet Chuck 2/12
    One Favorite son: Suishy Smalls 6/14
    And another Princess coming 7/16
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"