September 2013 Moms
Options

Snacks

So it seems a lot of you have been giving your LO's "puffs" as a solid snack. When I went to take a look for them at the store the only things I found we're like cheesy looking things but all 3 different containers of them said 12+ months. Are these the ones you've been giving your LO? I held off on buying them in case there's a different type of snack like that for younger infants. Please enlighten me..

Re: Snacks

• Options
    No. The container they come in is tall and slender kind of. Wish I had a pic. They dissolve fast in their mouth. But I have still been breaking them in half and only give him one at a time cause he wld eat a handful if he cld. Lol. I will post a pic tomorrow if someone else hasn't yet.
  • Options
    Ooohhhh now that you say tall and slender I think I know what everyone's been talking about! I have no idea why I've been picturing those little cheese balls every time someone mentioned "puffs"

Are they from the graduates brand or something like that?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We haven't started them yet but these are the puffs I am thinking others are using. I did the sweet potato for my older son. I might try some of the other flavors this time around,

https://www.amazon.com/Gerber-Graduates-Puffs-Variety-Pack/dp/B004MFH73W/ref=sr_1_5?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1398398999&sr=1-5&keywords=gerber+baby+puffs
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Maybe. I can't remember (my memory is horrible since I've had LO) :) but I have gotten the Gerber apple strawberry ones. I have seen the cheese puffs also. We tried one broken up. He just wasn't crazy over the flavor. The thought of choking has me so paranoid. I worry so much about that.
  • Options
    @cputman200‌ perfect thank you!! I don't even know why those didn't pop into my mind at the grocery store! I guess it's been a long time since my nieces were babies I completely forgot.
  • Options
    No problem!

I had a friend years ago that worried her 1st LO would choke on the star so she would break off all the points :)

• Options
    We haven't tried them yet, but LO was given some if these organic happy baby puffs

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001NXM3I0/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1398425353&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40

• Options
    Chubba loves the happy baby puffs, we are GF till 12 months so my choices are limited. He will put a handful in his mouth and hasn't had a choking issue.
  • Options

Just offered DD a few puffs last night and she played with them and I think she might have gotten one in her mouth.  I looked over once and she was shaking her hand non stop and I realized she was trying to get a stuck puff off the palm of her hand. LOL  The MUMS teething biscuits are a hit with her right now and they taste really good too.

• Options
    We use the gerber ones. Her dexterity has improved drastically since we let her chase them around her high chair. The dog loves the ones that hit the floor :)
  • Options

Just offered DD a few puffs last night and she played with them and I think she might have gotten one in her mouth.  I looked over once and she was shaking her hand non stop and I realized she was trying to get a stuck puff off the palm of her hand. LOL  The MUMS teething biscuits are a hit with her right now and they taste really good too.

I reallllly wanted to try mums but A doesn't do so well with rice so I was worried the biscuits would be the same since they're made from rice. It's too bad, babies seem to love those and no cookie mess!

• Options
    @Burrberrymum DD refuses anything with cereal or oatmeal in it but she loves these.  The texture is different so maybe that is why.

• Options

@Burrberrymum DD refuses anything with cereal or oatmeal in it but she loves these.  The texture is different so maybe that is why.

It's more of an intolerance to rice, I'm not sure if the mums would be the same and I'm a little worried to find out!

• Options
    ^^^OH well in that case better safe than sorry!!

• Options
    We do the puffs but she has a hard time getting into her mouth. So we also use these. Accept the apple sweet potato ones and she does better with them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"