Baby Showers

Baby Shower Menu Ideas

Hi all, I am a new mommy (3.19.14) and excited that my sister is expecting her first on labor day of this year :) I am happily planning her shower for July.  I have started the planning early as my little one has her own schedule/needs so I can plan and do a little at a time.  Just wanted anyone's input on menu/food ideas that were a hit if you planned a shower.  My sister is not a huge meat eater (but not a vegetarian) and tends to lean on the healthier/cleaner side of food.  This is what I've brainstormed so far.  I will probably have the shower from 2-5 so was having more finger food/apps as opposed to a formal meal.  Figured lighter stuff would fare better as to heavier as the summers get really hot here in Virginia!

Drinks-Slush Punch with optional vodka guests can add in if they wish

Iced Tea

Sodas

Red/White Wine

Food

Pulled Pork Sliders in Crock Pot

Arugula and Watermelon Salad

Spinach and Artichoke Dip with Pita Chips

Blue Cheese and Pear Tartlets

Fruit Salad

Was thinking a chocolate fountain too?

This is what I've drummed up so far, let me know any ideas you may have :)

Re: Baby Shower Menu Ideas

• Sounds awesome to me! And tons of variety so guests have lots of options.
  • I want all of it!
  • Loading the player...
  • it all sounds really yummy! I second the chocolate fountain
    imageimage
    God Bless You my Little One
    Farida, our first child, born on the 19th of July 2014
    Farida, at 8 weeks
  • Jags8Jags8 member
    That all sounds fantastic to me!
  • Love your menu. I love serving gazpacho at summer events.  My fav is a green gazpacho with cucumber, green peppers, fresh mint, lime, and honeydew.  

I made cheesecake stuffed strawberries the other day and they were so good.  I had visions of dipping them into a chocolate fountain.
  • Meery82Meery82 member
    shavasana said:
    Love your menu. I love serving gazpacho at summer events.  My fav is a green gazpacho with cucumber, green peppers, fresh mint, lime, and honeydew.  

I made cheesecake stuffed strawberries the other day and they were so good.  I had visions of dipping them into a chocolate fountain.
    I'm drooling.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • So is the main course the sliders? It doesn't sound like enough food IMO. I expect a meal if I go to a shower.
    Me: 36 DH: 36
    Married: October 2011
    DS: January 2016
    DS: May 2019
    #3: April 2022
  • Meery82Meery82 member
    So is the main course the sliders? It doesn't sound like enough food IMO. I expect a meal if I go to a shower.
    At 2 in the afternoon?
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I've never even been to any kind of shower in a house. Usually they are in restaurants where you get a salad, pasta course, main course, then dessert.
    Me: 36 DH: 36
    Married: October 2011
    DS: January 2016
    DS: May 2019
    #3: April 2022
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"