April 2013 Moms

Soother?

CanukMamCanukMam member
edited April 2014 in April 2013 Moms
Wondering if your April LO's ever used a soother?  (pacifier)
Pregnancy Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Soother? 68 votes

Yes, sort of , more of an aquaintance
27% 19 votes
Yes, loves it like a favorite teddy
20% 14 votes
Yes, it is pratically an appendage
2% 2 votes
No, never tried, LO is a soother virgin
4% 3 votes
No, tried but attempts have been met with total disgust
36% 25 votes
SS-whatever the hell I didn't think of
7% 5 votes

Re: Soother?

• Total disgust over here, we didn't push it too much, he seems fine without it and it's one thing we won't have to take away from him! We also didn't STTN till like 9-10 months.. maybe it would have helped. Oh well now!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • A only gets her lovey at bedtime but as soon as she gets it, thumb goes straight in her mouth with it. She also got a penguin for her birthday that is slowly becoming a bedtime necessity as well
    She gets very attached to things
  • Loading the player...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My guy's thumb landed in his mouth accidentally a few times, he doesn't go for that either.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • By "soother" do you mean pacifier?  Or just anything to soothe?  LO used a paci for a few weeks but really never took to it. Similarly, he had a "lovey" that he was obsessed with for a few weeks but then forgot about it. He's not really into that stuff.  

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Alice usually shot them across the room when we would put them in her mouth. She found her fingers a few months later and all was well.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have a thumb sucker - she is not interested in anything else. We recently got her a little doll and I tried to get her to nap with it once but she angrily tossed it out.

BFP #2: 11-7-14, CP (BFN: 11-13-14)

BFP #3: 3/24/15 EDD: 12/5/15

• Erin10408Erin10408 member
    edited April 2014

No paci...ever. She has a kitty lovey (go figure...I f'in hate cats), and my husbands old, ratty Ernie doll that she really likes for naps.

At night, she uses her Fisher Price Glow Seahorse. It is magical. She pushes me away and tried to dive head first into her crib at night so she can cuddle with that damn thing.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We keep his wubbanub in his crib, he still loves it for sleep times, and he rubs the stuffed giraffe as he falls asleep.

imageimageimage
  • Logan used one until 6 months. He wasn't attached. He used it while sleeping only and usually he would spit it out.

I was at my mom's, who has an in home daycare. One boy was getting weaned off his binkie (per his mom) and after hearing his fits for multiple mornings, Logan didn't get his binkie anymore. Haha. I figured he wasn't attached to it yet, so I was just going to get rid of it then. He didn't care one bit.
    Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

• G used one as a newborn but after probably 4-5 months she stopped using it.  She still has a wubanub in her crib...but she usually just plays with it or bites it.  She doesn't get attached to things either.
  • S had a paci for a couple months, but dropped it for his two fingers, which he uses all the time. He has a lovey too, but we only use it in the crib.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Will used to spit it out constantly but only to fight sleep. Once he finally gave up the fight he would suck on it. Now, he would love to have his nuk all day if I let him but we try to only give it to him for bed and naps, church and the car. He also LOVES anything soft and needs something soft to sleep whether it's a blanket or small fuzzy/fluffy stuffed animal. He pulls it to his face and rubs it on his eyes and nose. Then he snuggles it as a pillow. If only he would snuggle me now :)
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"