December 2012 Moms
Options

Thank Goodness it's Over (NBR)

OMG! Finally, after 6 weeks of NOTHING (and I do mean not one single thing) going our way, we are finally in our new home.  The movers showed up yesterday and it was only then we learned they wouldn't move anything with liquid in it, they wouldn't move any clothing not in a box (we had all the hanging stuff in garbage bags), they wouldn't move any lamps, and they wouldn't move any picture frames or wall art not in a box....that would have been nice to know when they came out last Monday to look at all our stuff to make sure they sent a big enough truck...so we spent the last hr before clothing frantically trying to cram stuff in my car, DH's car, Mom's Van, and Dad's jeep...and Mom still spent an hr after we left to go to closing finishing up...and then DH and our realtor had to go back after closing to pick up a couple of things that would only fit in a pickup truck (trash can, work bench, etc)...and then, right before we go to closing, the guy at the moving company's office calls me and tells me he didn't know we had such a late closing...which he did, and then he basically calls me a liar and tells me they're going to charge me an extra $100 because his crew will have to sit around and do nothing while they're on the clock....

They show up 30 mins after they're supposed to at the new house and are talking about how they had just spent the last 2 hrs doing another job and they were here 30 mins less than the guy in the office said they should be, and still charged me the extra $100...so now I have to get in touch with the guy who owns the company and possibly the Better Business Bureau to get at least part of my money back..cause I'm sure not paying the to work for someone else while we were at closing...

DD stayed with my Mom the past 2 nights and will stay with the ILs tonight so we can get at least her room set up and get the house a little less hazardous (there are boxes stacked as tall as I am)....but at least the hard part's over and we can finally get settled in and move on with the next chapter of our lives!! 

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

Re: Thank Goodness it's Over (NBR)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"