November 2013 Moms
Options

Crib and rolling over

crene84crene84 member
edited April 2014 in November 2013 Moms
When DD was 5 months old, we transferred her into her crib and she would sleep on her tummy (not recommended, I know but she was fine).  Before DS was rolling over, I tried the crib a few times but he never slept very well in it.  I figured I'd just wait a little longer until he was strong enough to sleep on his tummy and then do what I did with DD.  But he's now 5 months old and does not like sleeping on his tummy (unless it's on/near me) and when I put him in his crib on his back, he rolls over right away even if I put him in there when he's totally passed out in my arms.

So he's been sleeping in his rock 'n play every night...sometimes he sleeps thru the night in it but I really would like to transfer him to the crib.  Any of you dealing with similar siutations (LO rolling over and getting upset)?
Married Since 09/2006, TTC Since 09/2010 
DX: Unexplained infertility, DH normal 
3 Femara cycles - Oct, Nov, Dec 2011, all BFNs 
IVF #1, ER 2/15 (5R, 4M, 4F), ET 2/18, Beta 2/29 = BFN :( 
Follistim + IUI on 6/25 = BFN 
Home Study Finalized 8/14/12! Profile Active - 8/17/12! 
Officially Matched 8/29/12, Our perfect angel born 9/25/12! 
Biggest surprise ever, unexpected BFP on 4/12/13! 

Our Angel through Adoption
 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Our Little Miracle
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Crib and rolling over

• Options
    My LO will roll over and get upset, but I think it's more the disruption in sleep and not quite knowing how to fall back to sleep. I think that will come with time. If she just fusses for a few minutes she will generally fall asleep again comfortably on her tummy. Other times she may cry and if that's the case I help soothe her. He's also probably not used to so much space after being snug in the RNP.
  • Options
    My son just started within the last week to roll to his tummy right away when I lay him down. I lay him down drowsy. If he fusses when he rolls I just pat his bottom until he stops. Sometimes it feels like I am patting his bottom for like 10 minutes - but it's real only like 2.

Maybe try that?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"