January 2013 Moms
Options

NBR: need drug store quality shampoo/conditioner recs

Hey ladies,

I need to change up my shampoo/conditioner. I don't have access to any great beauty stores close. So if you have any recs from drug stores/Target/Wal-Mart, etc. Obviously my stylist has products like Redkin, etc. And I can pop in at her shop...

So go!!!

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
**Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

Re: NBR: need drug store quality shampoo/conditioner recs

• Options
    Honestly I like Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Shampoo. It keeps my hair soft, with out any greasiness or over-drying chemicals (garnier fructis made my hair look and feel like a wig, ugh) and it smells great! Bonus: they sell it at Sam's Club in a huge bottle that lasts forever. But everyones hair is different so you might just have to find what works for you.  Good luck!
    PitaPata Dog tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 11/6/13 - EDD 7/14/14 - blighted ovum discovered @ 7w - natural m/c @ 10w3d

BFP #3 5/25/14 - EDD 2/1/15 - Hoping this is our 2nd little owl Lilypie Maternity tickers

A/S findings: Baby is a girl! EIF found on heart :( but maternit21 came back neg for chromosome disorders!!

• Options
    Honestly, some of the Suave versions of name brand sbmpoo are so nice!

Our little Samosa arrives in January!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I use Organix--it's mid price range, fairly "non-toxic" and you can get it at most drug stores. I tend to use drugstore.com because you can find it on sale and I get cash back when I go through ebates.com :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Aussie all the way! I use Aussome Volume and I seem to always be able to find the giant family-size bottle with the pump for cheap. Smells amazing and works great, not heavy at all.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I ended up getting the Aussie Volume, thanks to @martha919 rec and by the rec of my favorite style blogger The Small Things Blog and the CostCutters in Wal-Mart was having a sale on Redken so I got the color extend. I forgot how yummy that shampoo smells!

I have been ignoring my hair for far too long, I've been only using head and shoulders and my hair seems so dry and lifeless. After one wash my hair feels a lot softer and it shines!

I also pampered my toes last night with foot soak, some major pumice work, lotion and a fresh coat of a bright orange red polish!

Anniversary

• Options
    2013mommy said:

martha919 said:

Aussie all the way! I use Aussome Volume and I seem to always be able to find the giant family-size bottle with the pump for cheap. Smells amazing and works great, not heavy at all.

This was going to be my suggestion as well! DH loves it too. 

Funny you should mention your DH--I never would have tried it if it were not for mine! He told me he used to love it but never bought it because it wasn't the cheapest. I got us a bottle and we never went back. Haha. Men and their hair. I swear he is twice as vain as me. ;-)
  • Options
    @jobiann‌ Foot pampering sounds lovely! I'm totally putting it on my list for tonight. Ahh.

Didn't y'all just move? Was that @jcar2‌ ? I know someone did because we also moved shortly thereafter. How's it going?

Sorry to thread jack. ;-)
  • Options
    @martha919 Yes we did just move. It's going good. We are still getting adjusted. The kitchen in this new house has a lot less room then what we were used too. So we built shelves in our basement to store all my serving platters....I have an obsession with them. So we are getting there. The house was pretty much move in ready and we even liked the paint colors they used so we didn't have to do any of that. 

So far I've just put up some new curtains and blinds, a few new ceiling fans and I'm still hanging our photos/art work. I wanted to feel the place empty before putting a bunch of holes in the walls! 

We LOVE our backyard!! A beautiful fenced in flat and green back yard. It's so perfect. DS loves to be out there!

How are you guys doing?

Anniversary

• Options
    @jobiann‌ It's going well. We, too, have a smaller kitchen now, and like you, are storing extra kitchen stuff in the basement.

We moved from a newer condo building to a house built in '59, so some things have been odd (like really long-running toilets and NO outlets ANYwhere), but it's a lot more space so we'll "suffer". ;-) We're renting here for at least two years.

I have to make a bunch of curtains still and we have to hang all the things (boo), but otherwise we're pretty much set! DD loves our backyard, too. First thing when she wakes up, she grabs her shoes and asks to go outside. :-D
  • Options
    Also, glad to hear it's going well for y'all!
  • Options
    jobiannjobiann member
    edited April 2014
    @martha919. We lived in a condo built in 2005 and moved to our house that was built in 1954 (happy 50th birthday house!) and we too are finding electrical issues. We actually put in a new box with 200 amp service. That was a pretty penny but now the house has more then enough electricity and it's properly grounded. 

The outlets in the kitchen and the bathrooms are replaced with three prone but all most other outlets are just two prong...we are using those handy adapters around the house! In due time we'll get all of the switched out but the bill from just the new box was high enough I didn't want add the expense of tearing into walls and stuff. 

We love the yard, but it also comes with yard work...which so far we are not minding. I'm sure we'll hate it by the middle of the summer and again in the fall when we have a billion leaves to rake and bag. Joy!

Anniversary

• Options
    martha919martha919 member
    edited April 2014
    @jobiann‌ Wow! Our outlets are 3-pronged at least. There just aren't any, and some of them are sort of...funky. Like not reliable. And then there are a ton in the dining room? I'm like, who needs to plug in a ton of crap in the dining room?! Haha.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"