Nurseries and Baby Gear

Chicco key fit... any sales?

We're having twins this summer and already have a Chicco Keyfit (and extra base) at home. We've been waiting to see a Chicago Key fit or Key fit 30 car seat go on sale somewhere so we don't have to worry about which car seat goes into which base in the car, but I haven't really seen any good deals. Just wondering if anyone on here has seen a sale on them or if we should just suck it up and order one now. We're getting closer to the due date and need to get one sooner rather than later (granted, if they're big enough, one can ride home in one of DD's convertible seats, but I'd rather not have it come down to that!). TIA.

Re: Chicco key fit... any sales?

• I got mine direct from Chicco. Looks like it's 189.99 now. I think I paid 169.99 during a sale. May want sign up for their emails...

https://www.chiccoshop.com/gear/car-seats/#start=0&sz=20&srule=clothing-season

• Amazon often has good prices
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • Loading the player...
  • You can use 20% off coupon at BBB.  It brings the seat down to $142.50
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Target had a 20% off sale on Chicco car seats recently and another 20% off coupon available which made the Keyfit $114.  I would watch Target.  You should be able to pay $100-140 if you are really savvy.  I love Amazon prices in general but when Target sales can be combined, I haven't found any better prices out there.  
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Also look at Albee Baby.
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • Last week, we just did what LittleApple suggested and used the Buy Buy Baby coupon to get the KeyFit! If you sign up for the store's text message or e-mail alerts, you'll get a 20% barcode to scan. Just make sure you don't sign up until you are about ready to purchase; the coupons we received expired within a week of their issue date! 
  • ss265ss265 member
    I would recommend Albee Baby or Target. Albee Baby frequently has 20% off coupons and you don't pay tax (except if you live in NY state) or shipping which makes it a better price that BBB or BRU. However the deal that a PP mentioned at Target sounds like the best price.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• ss265ss265 member
    ebp913 said:
    Target had a 20% off sale on Chicco car seats recently and another 20% off coupon available which made the Keyfit $114.  I would watch Target.  You should be able to pay $100-140 if you are really savvy.  I love Amazon prices in general but when Target sales can be combined, I haven't found any better prices out there.  
    @ebp913, how do you know when Target is having a sale? Do you have to physically go into the store and see or can you check it online? Or is there some sort of mailing list you can get on where they send you emails on sales? Thanks!

• You can check the weekly flyer on their website. There are deals on the Cartwheel app (You can access those deals if you don't have a SmartPhone by signing up on the Target website and printing out the barcode for the cashier to scan), and there are also additional coupons you can find online (at the bottom of the main screen). You can also sign up on their website to receive e-mails with information about sales, but the e-mails feature the same information as the flyers (no exclusive coupons like BBB does). Can you tell I'm obsessed with Target? :) 
  • Sorry to post so much… just thought I would let you know that Babies R Us has a coupon for 20% off all car seats with a printable coupon on their website. Just saw it after I posted that last message! It's good from now until 5/1. :)
  • ss265 said:
    ebp913 said:
    Target had a 20% off sale on Chicco car seats recently and another 20% off coupon available which made the Keyfit $114.  I would watch Target.  You should be able to pay $100-140 if you are really savvy.  I love Amazon prices in general but when Target sales can be combined, I haven't found any better prices out there.  
    @ebp913, how do you know when Target is having a sale? Do you have to physically go into the store and see or can you check it online? Or is there some sort of mailing list you can get on where they send you emails on sales? Thanks!
    I usually hear about the sales on a message board I am. It's car-seat.org in the shopping section. I am a certified car seat tech so I frequent pages like this and just hear about it.  I got a Nextfit recently for super cheap because online all Chicco car seats were 20% off.  I had a 20% off coupon for instore so I took a printout of the page showing the Nextfit was 20% off online from Target to the store and they price matched the online price in store and then I got to use my 20% off coupon.  I also got to use another $20 off coupon on top of that but they weren't supposed to let me do that.  I saved 40% plus another $20.  It was a STEAL.  

image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • ss265ss265 member
    @ebp913 and @bohemianic, thank you so much! We have had recent bad luck with fender benders and have had to replace 3 car seats! This would help us save some money.

• The Target sale is always on the sunday ad and is advertised on-line :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"