Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Snuza Hero/Levana Oma?

Anyone have experience with the Snuza Hero/Levana Oma baby monitors? My daughter was born 11 weeks early and I'm wondering if this is something we should look into purchasing when she graduates from the NICU. Obviously it sounds like a great idea, but I'm looking for personal opinions, especially dealing with false alarms, ease of use, that kind of thing. Is it worth it, or is it just targeting us worrywart moms?

Re: Snuza Hero/Levana Oma?

• Options
    I LOVED the Snuza!  It gave me so much piece of mind.  I used it for a year with my daughter and will use it again with this baby.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am hoping for no medical monitors; E was born at 29 weeks and has apnea spells, but ideally she'll grow out of them around 35-36 weeks. I'm just afraid that as a FTM and after all the NICU madness I'll be hawkeyed at the side of her bassinet/crib every time she's asleep for the next year or so.
  • Options
    This is my third baby and we just got a snuza last month b/c she is such a deep sleeper/light breather it really scared me. I have never slept so soundly with a newborn as I do now. Love it and wish they had been out with my first two kids!

• Options
    drpaynedrpayne member
    edited April 2014
    Loved our Snuza.  We solved the false alarm problem by putting shorts on him so the waistband held it in place.  I don't care if it's "recommended" or not (I imagine they don't want the liability of standing behind certain products or the risk of parents using it to replace supervision)... it doesn't hurt anything and it gave me a little peace of mind.  I will be using it again with our next.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I also loved my Snuza.  My son actually got RSV really young and the Snuza alerted us that he wasn't breathing so of course I'm a big fan. I know that NICUs don't often recommend them but I loved ours and I'll use it again with baby #3. 
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"