Stay at Home Moms

Grey's Question??

Ok ladies! I love Grey's and have been watching it for years. But we just recently got cable after an almost 3 year break. I was watching re-runs on our Roku/Netflix for a while. I think I was on Season 9? I saw the awful plane crash and loss of Lexi and Sloan. Sad! The past couple of weeks I have been watching re-runs on Lifetime. Arizona has her prosthetic, so early Season 10?

Anyway, the episode that just ended was Dr. Bailey having a sit-down with the docs. Three of her patients got post-op infections and one woman passed away. SHE is the only one who touched all 3 of them. WTH happened?? How did they get the infections? Did anything happen with Bailey? She was trying to blame the intern for having a fever. The re-runs are over. Wife Swap is on now.

I am DYING!! I know I'm behind, just trying to get caught up. Thanks!
DocumentsMy PicturesBabyBump13+wks.bmp BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Grey's Question??

• Yeah the intern Murphy. So not Bailey. Were the 3 infections related? Dirty instruments or something?
    DocumentsMy PicturesBabyBump13+wks.bmp BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • amy052006 said:

I am almost positive in involved a defective batch of surgical gloves.

Eww!! Could that really happen you think?

• Loading the player...
  • Bailey thought it was intern Leah's fault because she was in the ER with a cold, but Leah didn't have contact with all of the patients. Only Bailey did.

It turns out the surgical gloves were defective, and it wasn't really Bailey's fault. But Bailey develops OCD because of it.

• So infections due to germs on her hands through the holes in her gloves? Wow
  • Ok! So the OCD comes after that. Is tbis early Season 10 then?
  • So infections due to germs on her hands through the holes in her gloves? Wow

Yeah, she may have had a small cut under the gloves or something...I can't remember EXACTLY, but it was the faulty gloves. I think the hospital had switched glove manufacturers due to budget cuts.

• Touche' ladies (The French word, not to be read like douche. LOL ?spelling)
  • Spin313 said:

So infections due to germs on her hands through the holes in her gloves? Wow

Yeah, she may have had a small cut under the gloves or something...I can't remember EXACTLY, but it was the faulty gloves. I think the hospital had switched glove manufacturers due to budget cuts.

Ugh so then SHE needs to be tested for blood-borne diseases, right?
  • Just like they had budget cuts so saved 4% and got a crappy plane. Poor Dr. Hunt
  • amy052006 said:

I am almost positive in involved a defective batch of surgical gloves.

Yeah that's what I remember too.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • It was the defective gloves. That's how Bailey developed the OCD.

so many crazy twists and turns in this show- I completely forgot about all this!
  • Yes the OCD makes total sense now. The re-runs during the day are pretty much in order. But I did see a couple of the current Thursday night episodes and wasn't sure where the OCD stemmed from. I love this show! I've pretty much watched it from the beginning. Just out of order these days. I cried like a baby when Mark Sloan died. Thanks ladies!!
  • UGH she actually had MRSA? Oh gross! That makes perfect sense though. It was on her skin and got through the holes in the gloves. Devastating!
  • Spin313Spin313 member
    edited April 2014
    That also set up the rift between Bailey and Dr Webber because he had to talk to the family of the patient and say some things (about Bailey being at fault) so that the family would let him re-operate. Bailey overheard.

• The gloves weren't due to budget costs it was from when Pegasus cane in and changed the or rooms

• Eta: the next episode should be the one that explains it all. It'll be on Monday at 1 on lifetime

• Spin313 said:

That also set up the rift between Bailey and Dr Webber because he had to talk to the family of the patient and say some things (about Bailey being at fault) so that the family would let him re-operate. Bailey overheard.

OH I did not know this. Ok good to know. Sad, cause they were always so close. She tried to save his wife's life on her wedding day!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"