TTC after 35
Options

Bump confessions

Confession is good for the soul. What do you admit to today?

For me, my breakfasts this week have consisted of nothing but coffee and Easter candy. Also, I'm calling in to work today partially because I am truly sick but mostly because I hate my job. (P.S. I'm drinking coffee and eating m&ms as I type this...and they are delicious!)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Bump confessions

• Options
    I'm newly addicted to Game of Thrones. We watched 3 episodes last night. And on Tuesday we both stayed home from work and watched GoT all day long.
    *TW below*
    Me: 40 DH: 38
    TTC since November 2012
    BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016
    Baby Boy Due Sept 12 2017
    Elias (Eli) born 9/2/17 at 7:07pm weight 8lbs 10oz and 20.5 inches long!!

• Options
    I think I ate my weight in jelly beans yesterday.

@soontobeshrader I don't have HBO, but we had a free preview weekend a couple of weeks ago and I watched the first 12 episodes over two days! Not sure how I'll get my fix now, but at least I know a little bit about what everyone else is talking about!

Me: 41, DH: 42, married 2009
    BFP #1: 12/05/2012; EDD 08/09/2013; MC 01/2013 (missed, D&C)
    BFP #2: 12/19/2013; EDD 08/25/2014; MC 01/2014 (natural)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @gabbagal If you have Amazon Prime, they say HBO shows are coming to that service soon.
    *TW below*
    Me: 40 DH: 38
    TTC since November 2012
    BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016
    Baby Boy Due Sept 12 2017
    Elias (Eli) born 9/2/17 at 7:07pm weight 8lbs 10oz and 20.5 inches long!!

• Options
    I just watched the first 2 episodes of GoT last night and now am hooked!  DH has been watching it for years - LOVES it.

Normally we watch the Good Wife on Sundays but since the new season started a few times he has watched GoT and we watched Good Wife later in the week.  I have seen bits and pieces so I was realizing I may like this show!  Have a long way to go to catch up but hope to be fully caught up by the end of this season.

DH is traveling next week so I may binge watch - LOL
    ***signature/ticker warning***
    Me:37 DH:39
    TTC#1 since 3/2012

Diagnosis : Unexplained Infertility

3 BFN rounds Clomid + IUI
    IVF 1 - BFN, 1 Frozen
    IVF 2 - BFN, 5 Frozen
    FET 1 - BFP!!! EDD 1/24/15 Beta 1: 700, Beta 2: 2,156; 1st U/S 6w3d: HB 118bpm, 2nd U/S 9w3d: HB 171bpm

imageimageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Oooo i loooooovvvvvveeeee LOOOOOVVVVEEEEE GoT!!!! My SO got me hooked when we first started dating. He lived at the beach and one weekend i went to visit and it rained the entire time, so we spent 2 days, in our pj's ordering take out and watching the first 2 seasons back to back, episodes. It was an awesome weekend! :)

• Options
    I am working late tonight (voluntarily) because my in laws are in town.  I know I could have it worse but they are annoying the living crap out of me.
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Options
    I just went through McDonalds drive thru :(

Oh and I left my cat outside on the porch last night and forgot to bring him in. I only let him get fresh air. Was wondering why he wasn't sleeping with me!! He is not an outside cat. Thank goodness nothing happened to him. I felt so bad!!!

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Options
    @ksgsmu - I completely understand on the in-laws - specifically MIL.  She DRIVES me NUTS!  Anytime she visits, I find reasons to go into work early / work late.  Unfortunately she may be up here in a few weeks on a Sun - Mon... and I am currently not working so can't use work as an excuse.  Will have to make an early morning trainer appointment or something!  

And hide all my fert medications (she knows we have been going through fert. treatments but none of the details as we don't want all of her friends to know all of our business and don't want the constant pressure/questions.)  

Good luck!

***signature/ticker warning***
    Me:37 DH:39
    TTC#1 since 3/2012

Diagnosis : Unexplained Infertility

3 BFN rounds Clomid + IUI
    IVF 1 - BFN, 1 Frozen
    IVF 2 - BFN, 5 Frozen
    FET 1 - BFP!!! EDD 1/24/15 Beta 1: 700, Beta 2: 2,156; 1st U/S 6w3d: HB 118bpm, 2nd U/S 9w3d: HB 171bpm

imageimageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Lady2010   I understand!  I hid everything before they got there but I am always stressed they will see something they aren't suppose to. We had a talk with them last year (both families) and told everyone while we appreciate and welcome their prayers we won't be discussing our TTC and so don't ask or make comments please.  Everyone has behaved very well so far, but I know they are all probably talking about it behind my back.

I am blessed to have in laws who are nice.  I know some people get some really nasty ones so I don't want to sound ungrateful.  That being said my in laws don't know boundaries and don't communicate.  As an admitted control freak this is a real problem
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Options
    CML11CML11 member
    I should be packing, doing laundry and cleaning so that we can fly to IA for a wedding this weekend. Oh yeah gotta go buy a gift, make dinner(probably not happening) and finish this personalized hanger for the bride's dress. Yeah and what am I doing? I'm sitting on my ass chatting with you ladies.
  • Options
    I just ate four graham cracker/chocolate frosting sandwiches. Does that count as dinner?

@ksgsmu: I am very fortunate that my in-laws are generally pleasant. They have their quirks, though. Like MIL over-buys for gifts and random occasions. But there are worse offenses!

@soontobeshrader and others: I haven't seen GoT, but I'm sure that I would love it. We don't have a TV--it's a blessing and curse.

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• Options
    I just ate four graham cracker/chocolate frosting sandwiches. Does that count as dinner?

Stuck in box...

YUM!  I totally forgot that we used to do that as kids.  A coworker brought in a variation of those today using pound cake instead of graham crackers. So friggin' good - it's taking every ounce of self control not to eat the whole plate!
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"