October 2013 Moms

Sleep train attempt

We decided we would try Sleep training last night, within 20mins (checking on her 3/5/10mins) she puked everywhere so much she needed a bath. I felt so bad. After that sleep training was over for the night.
I know it says to clean her up an start over but we couldn't.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sleep train attempt

• That is tough.
  • Same thing happened to me. I didn't finish either. We also have not attempted again. Sorry that happened.
    April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • I just put LO in her crib for a nap. She was crying hard, tears. Rolling down her face, they say they just put her in her crib at daycare with no problems????
    Anyways I went in to calm her down and she lost it! I picked her up and she immediately put her head on my shoulder to go to sleep. Harder than I thought it would be. We are now rocking in the living room.
    Sleep training is rough. Not sure if I could handle it if she made herself sick.
  • dh13 said:

Just an FYI, there is a sleep sticky that has a lot of helpful information. You might want to post these types of things up there for some good advice from moms who can commiserate. 

Thanks, I forgot about that post
  • Jalee85 said:

Same thing happened to me. I didn't finish either. We also have not attempted again. Sorry that happened.

Yeah it sucked :(
    Don't think I can try it again
  • @litttlebabyg2013

I ended up sidecarring a bed to her crib. I will work on helping her learn to fall asleep on her own with me right next to her. I will let her fuss, but no full out crying. Hopefully this will work. I'm not sure when I'm gonna attempt to try this, but I imagine pretty soon.
    April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• If she's crying so hard she's puking maybe another method would be worth trying? I did the check ins with my kids but I wouldn't have been able to continue after puking either.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I agree that sleep training is rough and I'm not sure I would have been able to stick with it if DS threw up all over the place. We started out doing checks, but this actually made DS worse. He cried for a far shorter time and not as hard if we just left him. Again though, it's not for everyone. I hope you find something that works for you!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Going to read some no cry solutions.
    I am fine with nursing her if she's hungry. The problem is she won't fall asleep by just taking the soother anymore, will only fall asleep if I give her the boob. Both naps and night time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"