Parenting

Inexpensive party food ideas

ILoveBoysILoveBoys member
edited April 2014 in Parenting
So DS1's birthday party is tomorrow and I still don't know what's for lunch. In the past we've done hot dogs or pizza, because there's usually about 15 people. (Adults, all family).

Anybody have any other good ideas for food that won't break the bank? I thought about a taco bar but hamburger meat is $$. :/
Blake 04/29/05 Will 06/12/07 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Inexpensive party food ideas

• MaebbMaebb member
    Taco bar would be fun, and you could do black beans, chicken, and/or pork or some kind of meat in the crock pot that is inexpensive and easy.
  • I'm a big fan of different cold cuts with different cheeses and different breads with toppings like lettuce, slices of tomatoes, red onion rings, pickles. Easy and cheap to pick everything up at Costco...then get a bunch of fruit to cut up and a few bags of chips! Walla...easy party food!

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Baked pasta of any kind.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • jobiannjobiann member
    edited April 2014
    These!!

I've made them at least six times now and they are AHHHHMAZING! 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• I second a baked pasta.  Also, check out ground turkey if you want to do tacos (or add meat to your pasta).  I find that it can be cheaper than beef and if you're spicing it up it's a pretty good substitute.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thank you all for the suggestions!!! It's helped a lot. :)
    Blake 04/29/05 Will 06/12/07 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We just did chili, cornbread and hot dogs for LO's 2nd birthday. It went over well and didn't break the bank.

Our Little Raspberry Born 3/27/12
  • I second a baked pasta.  Also, check out ground turkey if you want to do tacos (or add meat to your pasta).  I find that it can be cheaper than beef and if you're spicing it up it's a pretty good substitute.
    I was going to suggest turkey meat as well. I always use it instead of beef and it's usually much cheaper!

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• MaebbMaebb member
    edited April 2014
    Let us know what you end up doing? I was just at Costco and bought pre-cooked frozen Carnitas meat, and that was really good.

Also I've eaten those little ham and cheese sliders, and they're good.
  • @ILoveBoys‌ - go to Costco and get the $5 roasted chicken. You can pull the meat off and make a chicken taco bar instead of beef. It's already cooked (so less work) and it's cheap!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker image
  • Have you considered little sub sandwiches? Subway can do them for you and it's cheap.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"