December 2013 Moms

Help decide a Sunblock

I am going through FTM anxiety on deciding the right sunblock for LO.
I did some research and found sunblock should only have Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide as ingredients but when i purchased the Neutrogena pure and free baby broad spectrum spf 60+ I noticed that it has some inactive ingredients as alumina, ascorbic acid and many more. Is it common for sunblocks to have other ingredients as well?
I recall there was a thread on sunblock and sunscreen some time back which i am unable to find, it will be great if someone could link me to the same please.

What brand sunblocks are you ladies using? 
adding a pic of my squish for your time.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Help decide a Sunblock

• I think ascorbic acid is a preservative.  I know it can be naturally derived, but don't know if Neutrogena's is.

I use Babyganics and so far, so good.
    Lilypie - (V9Ze)
  • It's best not to use sunblock or sunscreen on LOs till they are 6 months, rather keep them shaded and out of the sun as much as possible (as per my pedi). That said, once LO gets to that age I have had good experience with Babyganics sunscreen - natural ingredients and all that. You can get it at BRU, Buy Buy Baby etc. I used it on DD1 all last summer and really liked it. It's not super duper expensive either.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I've used California baby with good results
  • CbowlCbowl member
    My pedi approved Blue Lizard and California Baby for after 4 months 
    Baby Girl Cbowl born 12/2013.   Love love love.

• Here is the link:

I just revisited this thread the other day & bought a Neutrogena baby sunblock, I think it's Pure & Free.  We've only used once but it seemed fine!
  • I've only used Babyganics sunblock, my LO's skin turned red and irritated. So I'll be following this thread to see which ones other Moms recommend.

• Blue lizard baby is great but not regular blue lizard. I like babyganics too because it is so much cheaper and we go through gallons it seems
  • dec8momdec8mom member
    edited April 2014
    Thanks everyone
    jordanm24 - Thanks for the link.

• pink flamingopink flamingo member
    edited April 2014
    Coppertone , water babies sunscreen lotion pure and simple , tear free , oil fragrance and dye free. SPF 50

I just went to the peds today and asked her to recommend a sunscreen . This is what she uses in her LO and loves it. She also said the reason they say we shouldn't use sunscreen before 6 months is because they have not tested it on babies less than that, she also said that if we were going out into the sun prior to 6 months that she would rather me use the sunscreen vs the baby getting a sunburn
  • My ped said no sunblock before 6 months. 

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby GIRL due 12/26
  • We use Honest Co and I really like it. We live in AZ and I have 2 other kids so being in the shade all the time isn't realistic. He also wears a hat etc. I bought it at buy buy baby.
    DD: 8  DD: 3.5  DS:18M
    Baby #4 Due: 2/4/2016
    Feb16 August Siggy Challenge
    Favorite TV Mom

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"