Pregnant after IF

Quick IVF - AFC question - IVF

I was sent here from TTC after 35. I am getting ready for my IVF #1. I just had my CD3 U/S. It only showed 6 follicles. I haven't started my stimming yet. I'll most likely start in the next cycle. I don't have my blood work yet but based on my journal from previous RE at 35 years old I usually only had 2-4 on each side. I'm 37 now. I get pregnant easily, within 2-4 cycles. I had 6 lossed thus far. My question is, have you had this few follicles before treatment? Has it become a problem at any point? Did anybody do PGS/PGD with this few embies? What protocol worked for you? I can only afford maybe 2 stim cycles so I want to do my homework before we start. Can you please share your experience with me? Thank you ladies!
TTC since 2007; Unexplained; 8PG: 4CP, 2EP, 2MC w/HB at 8-9 weeks
Getting ready for DIVF #1 - Transfer 12/16! 

Re: Quick IVF - AFC question - IVF

• Congrats on your BFP!  I keep hearing both options for stimming as possibilities.  I will have to ask the RE and see what she thinks of either.  Microdose Lupron Flare comes up pretty often as successful approach. 

Thank you very much for sharing.  I really wanted to hear some good news tonight!

• Is luteal lupron the same as micro flare?

• Loading the player...
  • I had an AFC of 7 for my successful IVF. I had follicles "come and go" but wound up with 7 retrieved. I have seen people get more or less than their original follicle count though. The important thing is that the follicles grow at the same rate and steady. (I had dominant follicle issues).
    Good luck!!
    Me 36/DH 46 Me: Low AMH (.21) DOR, mild endo; Started seeing RE 11/12
    Jan-March '13 3 IUIs Clomid + Trigger = BFN
    April '13 IVF 1 MDLF converted to 4th IUI due to 3 runaway follicles! BFN
    July/Aug '13 IVF 1.2 Long Lupron = 7R, 6F, 2T= BFP!!!
    Beta 1=512, Beta 2=1,368 Beta 3= 4,128
    It's a boy!!!!
    SUA, GD
    EDD 4/26/14

He's Here! Arrived 4/15/14!!!!

September 2015 - FET with remaining embryos
    Twins! EDD: 6/14/15

PAIF/SAIF Everyone welcome!
  • Thank you for your input.  It makes me feel better that some people are successful with the lower count.

Good luck with labor!  It must feel amazing to make it through this journey and be done with it!
  • ThoseThreeWords  I hope my new RE is a great artist then!

Thank you for your comments.  It does make sense.  The doc mentioned the luteal lupron but it was all based on my previous experience and me telling her that I still have eggs left which in not the case.

I guess I can't really stipulate until I have the test results.  I may ask you guys again.

Have a great day!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"