first world problems

Let's hear them ladies!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: first world problems

• Options
    cputman200cputman200 member
    edited April 2014
    My sweet friend mailed me a cute jacket from Old Navy but it was too small. So yesterday I drove to a trendy shopping area to exchange for a new size. I put $2 in the parking meter and got 45 minutes of time.

So I go shopping find the jacket and some cute things for DD. When I got to the check out the sales clerk said since I didn't have a receipt I had to return the smaller one and pay for the new size. NBD but then she said they will mail me a check for the return.

So then I head back to the car and find a $25 parking ticket. I had gone over the meter by about 10 mins.

So my wonderful gift cost me $100 between shopping, parking and the ticket!

Needless to say I was a bit stabby for the rest of the day.

• Options
    BurrberrymumBurrberrymum member
    edited April 2014
    I'm all for the nice weather coming but my allergies are going ape shit and I have had 3 sinus infections this season. I have nothing I can take for my allergies right now either until I manage to get to the store.. (Shared vehicle with mr. workaholic)

Oh and this morning I got up super early just to drive a little out of town to check out this 90% off warehouse sale, when I got there all the items were still between 65-80$ for a damn tank top/t-shirts.. I was hoping to go home with some new summer clothes but I left with 1 pair of shorts feeling quite disappointed.

Eta: reading this now I realize my priorities are definitely not straight I could have avoided my FWP if I just got up super early to go get allergy meds instead of clothes.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have some weddings to attend next month, so I bought some new dresses online. I received them and they are too big. The website is out of the next smaller size on both and I have no time or energy to go to the store to see if they have them n the smaller sizes.
  • Options
    We have at least 5 weddings to go to this summer, plus our own. My FWP is that I have no idea where to go to buy cute dresses for them, or if I even want to wear a dress. Oh, and I fell the last time I wore high heels so I don't want to make that mistake again, so I'm going to be super short in flats. Life is so hard...
  • Options
    Dunking donuts ran out of lemons today for my iced tea.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    DD has just started dancing to music. She will not let me record it. :(

Edited: autocorrect took the g out of dancing.

And again because it was one sentence :-/
  • Options
    I have a popcorn flake stuck in my gum/tooth and can't get it out. Poor poor me
  • Options
    My Shark Pro steam mop broke after I'd mopped half the floor. Stopped heating to steam. I went to Home Depot and bought a Swiffer Bissell steam mop for $40 plus $10 in extra pads and am using that to finish because we have a BBQ at our house on Saturday. I kinda like the Swiffer one better than my Shark so far.

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    @jenny5o5 said:
    My Shark Pro steam mop broke after I'd mopped half the floor. Stopped heating to steam. I went to Home Depot and bought a Swiffer Bissell steam mop for $40 plus $10 in extra pads and am using that to finish because we have a BBQ at our house on Saturday. I kinda like the Swiffer one better than my Shark so far.
    Do the steam mops actually get the stuck on stuff off the floor? I hand scrubbed my floor before Easter and my wetjet swiffer couldn't even clean up the few little spots since then. I really need a better alternative.
    It really does work well. The Shark Pro has a dust, mop, and scrub setting. This Swiffer one works well, too, but I haven't had to scrub anything with it.

This is the Shark that I have: https://www.sharkclean.com/products/7/steam-pocket-mops/6/shark-lift-away-professional-steam-pocket-mop/

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I'm going to jump on in on this Shark Steam Mopping convo because I LOVE mine. My entire house is tile and that bad boy gets up everything!(even crayon marks) the only spots it does not get are like sticker goo. Also I have mopped an area and than ran a wipe paper towel over the floor just to test how clean...no dirt! Love that thing
  • Options
    We have at least 5 weddings to go to this summer, plus our own. My FWP is that I have no idea where to go to buy cute dresses for them, or if I even want to wear a dress. Oh, and I fell the last time I wore high heels so I don't want to make that mistake again, so I'm going to be super short in flats. Life is so hard...
    Do you have a Ross near you? I recently went and found the exact dress that I had bought at dillards two summers ago for $120. Ross had it marked down to $25. It also depends on the ross you go to. The ones in upper class neighborhoods tend to have better clothing. I like going to Ross because there is normally a wide variety of clothing.
    Oh, I have no idea, I'll have to check! I'm in MN but I don't know that I've heard of that... I'm also plus size, so that makes it even harder. Poor me, I eat so well that I'm too fat to buy an expensive dress, lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"