TTC after 35
Options

OPK Question

Good Evening All,
I bought a First Response OPK - 20 pack
Opened box today and it said start day 5 of cycle.
I'm at day 6.
Anyone ever use and started after day 5?
Also, read some reviews and they weren't that great!

Thanks!
40 yr old.
1 daughter - 14 yrs old
2 miscarriages

Re: OPK Question

• Options
    Last month I think I did ovulate really early like day 9 or 10 (AF came day 24) so I am now thinking I will start using my OPKs around day 8 (tomorrow-I'm day 7 today and we just morning quicky-ed;)

Some months you might waste them bc you ovulate later. So it's up to whether you want to just risk wasting a bunch or possibility exists that you O early.
    TTC#1 since Aug 2013, I'm 37, DH 41.  
    Maya Arvigo Abdominal massage (daily self care), plus TTC meditations.
    I'm very sensitive to diet (gluten, avoid processed foods) and environment. Have a history of inflammation and tendinitis before going off gluten in 2009.  
    July 2014 - RE Visit #1: Eggs look good, Endometrioma on R ovary, HSG showed blocked R tube close to ovary. DH SA normal 
    DX: Endometriosis probably the IF cause and gunking up tubes.  Since egg reserve is high, RE says I can wait a couple months and then get laproscopic surgery to remove endo & clear tube.  If that doesn't help then move to IVF. 
    Dec 2014 - Saw new RE - does not recommend surgery on tube as it isn't likely to help.  Doubts I have endometriosis.  My endometrioma shrunk to neglible size (yay!) 
    Seriously considering IVF in March/April
    12/17/14 - Natural BFP! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"