Babies on the Brain
Options

Family is drama

Every time I talk with one of them, I remember why I never said no to moving.

Today, I called my oldest brother to ask him to be my advance directive in the event H can no longer be.  He asked about Allie. I told him our plans. He was pissed. He called my mom.  Now my mom is pissed.  The last time I checked, I was her parent and could be the one who makes those choices.  

My youngest brother is up to his BS.  My dad and I still barely communicate. 

Re: Family is drama

• Options
    I'm sure I missed something, but what plans are bothering him?
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

"Oh, the silent majesty of a winter's morn, the clean, cool chill of the holiday air,
    an asshole in his bathrobe, emptying a chemical toilet into my sewer."
  • Options
    Sorry I hate that. Like it isn't hard enough to plan and talk about anyway, no need for assholeish behavior.
    ____________________________________________________________________________
                          My sweet Rylee girl 8-13-2007 and my sweet Emmett man 4-13-2010
                               Annaleigh Willow Elise born and passed at 26 weeks 1 day
                                      Thursday October 17th 2013 from trisomy 13
                                           Http://Alwaysannaleigh.WordPress.com

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Advanced directive and our wills. She won't go to my family.
  • Options
    You are right, she is your daughter, you and your H are the only ones that can decide what is best for her.
    Hopefully your family will realize that over time. Until then sorry you are in this situation.
    Might be best to pick someone else besides your brother... sounds like he can't keep your affairs private as they should be.
  • Options

Props to you for doing your advanced directives. I worked at an estate planning law firm prior to nursing school and we always saw the shit hitting the fan when this stuff wasn't done.

Your family may not like it but they can't do anything about it!

TTGP December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Holiday Movie:
    ~Santa Claus is Coming to Town~

TTC #1: July 2014
    Me: 31  DH: 29
    DX (me): Inborn error of metabolism - protein restriction, metabolic formula & weekly blood tests
    DNA Results (7/1): DH is NOT a carrier for my genetic disorder! 
    7/3: Metabolic clinic gave the green light to TTC - holy crap!
  • Options
    Advanced directive and our wills. She won't go to my family.
    Oh I see what you mean now that I re-read it.  I'm sorry, that stinks.  You know what's best for your kid, and I know you know that.

"Oh, the silent majesty of a winter's morn, the clean, cool chill of the holiday air,
  • Options

This also made me think about what I would do...we don't have many viable options.

Both sets of parents are great (ok, my mom is a bit bat-shit cray but ignoring that fact...) but I wouldn't want them to sacrifice the retirement they have worked hard for.

My brother is an emotional wreck with anger issues, SIL is a free spirit who would rather travel the world than be tied down with babies or, you know, a job, and BIL is young and single.

Guess me and DH can't die at the same time...so, yea, hopefully that works out.

Glad you are getting your stuff sorted out!

TTGP December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Holiday Movie:
    ~Santa Claus is Coming to Town~

TTC #1: July 2014
    Me: 31  DH: 29
    DX (me): Inborn error of metabolism - protein restriction, metabolic formula & weekly blood tests
    DNA Results (7/1): DH is NOT a carrier for my genetic disorder! 
    7/3: Metabolic clinic gave the green light to TTC - holy crap!
  • Options
    We picked our best friend. He is single and very open to every walk of life. He is more like us. My brother has views we don't believe in. SIL has enough on her plate with niece. My mom is very sickly. My dad has my disabled criminal brother. FIL, well we wouldn't piss on him if he were on fire. MIL has substance abuse problems.
  • Options
    You've made a very well thought out choice.  Maybe they'll understand one day and maybe they won't, but too bad.  And most of all, I hope none of it ends up mattering. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"