Fresh milk - fridge then counter? — The Bump
Breastfeeding

Fresh milk - fridge then counter?

Lena122Lena122 member
edited April 2014 in Breastfeeding
Can freshly pumped milk be refrigerated for a few hours and then be let to warm up to room temp for the reccomended 3-8 hours? Or does the 3-8 hours only apply to milk that hasn't been refrigerated?

I'm going to pump milk over night for DH to use during the day. He won't have access to a warmer/hot water so I'm wondering if he can just let it warm up to room temp over time.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Fresh milk - fridge then counter?

• blue_elleblue_elle member
    edited April 2014
    We've gone fridge to counter for 3-4 hours with no problems. You can also try giving a cool bottle to LO. My DS will take them cool and some babies will take straight from the fridge.

Edited because I apparently skip typing whole words
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

mutt_zps2fb5f039-1_zps7220f27c
    BFP 11.8.12 * EDD 7.17.13 * MC 12.20.12
     photo bump_zpsf1e8435c.jpgRIP Post Count

• Loading the player...
  • My first son liked his breast milk at room temperature, so our whole pattern was when he finished a bottle, we would take a new one out of the fridge or cooler and let it sit.  By the time he was hungry again (well before the milk would go bad), it was warm enough to his liking.

The PP is right though--- some babies will take it ice cold!  My friend's baby would drink breast milk right out of the fridge, even if it was cold enough to have ice crystals on top.

Breastfeeding Jewelry - Mother's Day - Phlox and Pendants, Origami Owl Charms and Plates - Cropped - Square Vicky

Working Mother to 2.5 Year Old Sagan (Sagan's Medication-Free Hospital Birth Story) and 10 month old Dyson (Dyson's Medication-Free Hospital Birth Story)

In my limited "free" time, I've been experimenting with 3D printing breastfeeding pendants and breastfeeding charms for Origami Owl Living Lockets

I also collect Views While Nursing when I'm out and about and would love to see *your* Views While Nursing too!  : )

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards