August 2012 Moms

Not eating as much.

Ever since ds has started eating, he has eaten everything under the sun! Recently, he has become extremely picky, some of the things that he's eaten he won't even touch or try. I know that everyone says that toddlers go through a phase where they don't eat as much, but in was not prepared for this. He used to have that big toddler belly and now it seems like he is slimming out. He feels as heavy, but his belly looks slimmer. I remember the dr saying that last time, she said this happens. Is there anyone that is going through this? If so, what are you doing? I am always worried he isn't getting enough to eat.

Re: Not eating as much.

• My lo is going through this too. As long as you're offering the food he won't starve. I promise! They all go through times where they don't want to eat. Even as adults we do too.
    Yes, your doctor is right they will lose that round belly.
    victoria5month samantha5
  • Mine still swings back and forth. Some days she's a bottomless pit, some days I send her off to daycare with only half a yogurt in her belly.

I'm not doing anything about it. I always worry about it but as they say, she'll eat when she's hungry!
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • DD's eating goes in waves.  Some weeks she eats a TON and keeps asking for more at dinner.  Other days (like yesterday) she just keeps handing her food to us saying "Here you go."

I wouldn't worry too much about it.  Keep offering balanced meals and he'll eat what he wants to eat.
  • ccamccam member
    Some days DS will eat everything under the sun and then other days, he'll pick here and there.  It never bothered me because I feel like if he's hungry, he'll eat.  But it drove DH crazy!  So we asked at his most recent Dr appointment and his pedi pretty much said that's normal for this age.  And as long as he gets one good meal in, he's fine.  It put DH's mind at ease.

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• piphigirl said:
    DD's eating goes in waves.  Some weeks she eats a TON and keeps asking for more at dinner.  Other days (like yesterday) she just keeps handing her food to us saying "Here you go."
    lol, that's so polite that she hands it to you instead of throwing it across the room! ;)

DS definitely has days when it seems like he's a bottomless pit, followed by days when everything goes on the floor. i've read that the toddler diet balances out over the course of w week, not a day-- so if they get a good mixture of healthy things over the course of the week, it's fine.
  • My kiddo still hasn't left the bottomless pit stage. I don't see her belly going anywhere for quite some time!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"