TTC after 35

Intro - 37 TTC since 2007, 6PG's, 3Cp, 1EP, 2MC w/HB at 8-10 Wks onto IVF #1

Hello,

I was sent here from infertility forum.  I guess my questions are becoming more and more age specific and situation related.   Here is where I am in the process:

Just had my CD3 testing and USG.  It went well.  I guess somewhat well. There are two docs at my practice and my doc is only there twice a week. The good thing is all of USG's are done by a doc and not a tech.

The other doc did my CD3 scan and told me she is concerned about my egg reserve. She saw only 6 follies(she wasn't really nice with her wording but I also need to grow a thicker skin). She said 'dminished', 'your ovaries are older then we think' and other shit. She said we need more info from blood work to make any assumptions/decisions.

Today was my SIS. The same doc did the procedure. It went pretty smoothly. It did hurt a bunch but hearing: 'your uterus is beautiful' made the pain mix in with happiness and made it much more bearable. We did look at the resected septum or lack of it. She showed me where it used to be. She said that somebody did a phenomenal job of resecting it. She said that often times they have to go back in and finish the job. It would have meant a potential surgery that I didn't expect. Also, there were no polyps or fibriods.

So it is all good news except for the eggs situation. I was looking at my USG journals form 2-3 years back and I always had 3-4 - 2-3 eggs on each side. I would get pregnant within 2-4 cycles without a problem. Also with clomid(50mg??? - I think) - I only did 3 cycles - I had a 'normal' response. If I remember well the count went up to 5 on each side. Does it sound about right?

One last thing to do is the SA for hubby on Monday. It am expecting average/normal results.

The final RE visit is scheduled for 5/9 and we'll establish protocol and timing.

The only thing I have to figure out is who to pay for it now. Should I go with one cycle at the discounted price at the clinic and hope for frosties?

IVF/PGS (1st cycle) - $10,150 ICSI - $2,000 PGS Biopsy - $3,000 Embryo Cryopreservation - $1,200 So far it is about : - $16,350

On the same list are the fees for the PGS lab - they are using Genesis lab. It lists: the courier fee $350, PGS analysis of up to 8 embryos $1950 and $250 for each additional after that. So roughly I have to add $2300(if it's not included and I'm assuming it is not).

So far we are at: $18,650. That's of course without the meds.

I just called ARC and 1+1 is $14,713 w/ISCI 2+2 is $25,623 w/ICSI  With the PGS and 2=2 for up to 8 embies it is $32,123.

Deep breaths.....deep breaths....shit ton of money....

I guess my questions is, did anybody have a good response to meds even though they had only on average 5-7 follicles on CD3? Did the eggs fertilize and survive PGS? Should I just assume I'll need more then 1 stim cycle?

Hubby is not really on board.  He told me he doesn't want to get his hopes up and then his heart broken again.  I have to make all of the decisions on my own. The doc office is not very helpful when it comes to financial decisions either.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Especially on the clomid part and 6 eggs part...

Thank you ladies and gents(not sure if there are any here)!   I am sorry my intro post is so long.  I need any advice and support I can get and I'm kinda on my own in this...

TL;DR: Only 6 follicles on CD3, beautiful uterus!  Not sure what to choose: blue door or red door?

1 x IVF cycle and hope for frosties or 2+2 and wipe out our accounts and credit cards?

TTC since 2007; Unexplained; 8PG: 4CP, 2EP, 2MC w/HB at 8-9 weeks
Getting ready for DIVF #1 - Transfer 12/16! 

Re: Intro - 37 TTC since 2007, 6PG's, 3Cp, 1EP, 2MC w/HB at 8-10 Wks onto IVF #1

• Welcome!  I'm sorry you're struggling with all this.  I can't offer any substantive advice RE: your question, but I'm sure some of the other ladies here will have some good ideas!
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Ovulation Chart

• Thank you, Davie! 

I hope this is a right place for me and my mature ovaries... :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Like Davie....I have no advice as I went straight to donor eggs. Just wanted to say hello and welcome to the board! Sorry you are dealing with this and hope someone can answer your questions :)

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Hi welcome. Sorry I don't have any advise for u either. But very good luck to u in ur TTC journey
  • C_GirlieBeckyP005

Thank you for a warm welcome!  :)
  • Just wanted to say welcome, and I hope someone here is able to answer. I personally have not even been to an RE, trying to do this naturally and so far have not had a BFP but also only really had the right timing so convincing myself that all is fine and i just need a little more time.

On the plus side, if it helps at all, a good friend of mine went through 2 MCs around 6 weeks, and her RE said the same thing as yours: such old eggs, like a woman 2-3 years older than you, blah blah.  and THEN she just announced she's BFP and is now 4+months.  So it just took getting a good egg. She was trying about a year and a half.  I never know if hearing this kind of thing is difficult or helpful, but wanted to put it out there...... 

xo hugs and welcome!
    TTC#1 since Aug 2013, I'm 37, DH 41.  
    Maya Arvigo Abdominal massage (daily self care), plus TTC meditations.
    I'm very sensitive to diet (gluten, avoid processed foods) and environment. Have a history of inflammation and tendinitis before going off gluten in 2009.  
    July 2014 - RE Visit #1: Eggs look good, Endometrioma on R ovary, HSG showed blocked R tube close to ovary. DH SA normal 
    DX: Endometriosis probably the IF cause and gunking up tubes.  Since egg reserve is high, RE says I can wait a couple months and then get laproscopic surgery to remove endo & clear tube.  If that doesn't help then move to IVF. 
    Dec 2014 - Saw new RE - does not recommend surgery on tube as it isn't likely to help.  Doubts I have endometriosis.  My endometrioma shrunk to neglible size (yay!) 
    Seriously considering IVF in March/April
    12/17/14 - Natural BFP! 
  • CML11CML11 member
    Those are tough decisions for sure. I'm sorry you feel like you are on your own. I don't have any good experience to share with you since I'm at the beginning of this journey as well. Can you sit down with your RE and determine what are your chances? Then you can determine the risk financially and if both could come to terms with it whether or not it happens.
  • Welcome!  My advice which may not exactly be what you are looking for but I would try to relax and not get too caught up in all the negative information between the internet and doctors.  Plenty on this board are leaving because of bfps that stick and all have so many different situations...it's very inspiring.  Good luck!
    41 & single; DX:  PCOS
    TTC #1 with IUI and donor sperm
    First IUI May, 2014, Clomid + Trigger = BFN
    Second IUI July, 2014, Clomid + Trigger = BFN
    Third IUI Dec, 2014, Femara + Follistim + Trigger = BFN
    Fourth IUI Feb 2015, Femara + Follistim + Trigger = C/P :(

• Hi there and welcome! I'm sorry that I don't have any advice, as I've only tried naturally thus far. I do want to say that this is a great place to find support. Keep positive.

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• CaraHCaraH member
    I have no advice, since your further down this path than we are. But, I wanted to say welcome and good luck!
  • I also have no advice to offer you. Just wanted to welcome you to this board and wish you the best of luck.

I also agree with @CML11 and see if you can have a good sit down talk with your RE regarding your options. Perhaps make a pros and cons list? I'm sorry you're kind of on your own with the decision making. Hope the very best for you. :)

Me: 38 ~  DH: 38 ~   DD: 8
    TTC #2 since March/April 2014.

• Radiantly said:
    Just wanted to say welcome, and I hope someone here is able to answer. I personally have not even been to an RE, trying to do this naturally and so far have not had a BFP but also only really had the right timing so convincing myself that all is fine and i just need a little more time.

On the plus side, if it helps at all, a good friend of mine went through 2 MCs around 6 weeks, and her RE said the same thing as yours: such old eggs, like a woman 2-3 years older than you, blah blah.  and THEN she just announced she's BFP and is now 4+months.  So it just took getting a good egg. She was trying about a year and a half.  I never know if hearing this kind of thing is difficult or helpful, but wanted to put it out there...... 

xo hugs and welcome!

It does help. I started trying again naturally but knowing that I will most likely not succeed it's really scary. I don't want to go through another loss if I don't have to. I'm super optimistic. I feel like this whole IVF and a fresh starts with genetically healthy eggs gives me a fair chance. Thank you for the warm welcome! Bi:)
  • @CML11. I'm waiting for the blood work. Then we are going in for a consultation and make a plan. I'm hoping the RE will help me choose the right package/course of treatment. The unknown is really frustrating and scary. Thank you for a warm welcome!
  • Thank you all for having me here! I hope I can be of support to you too! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"