2nd Trimester
Options

Sneaker Referral (feet starting to hurt)

Can anyone refer a good sneaker? I'm about 26 weeks, and live in NYC (walking is my transportation). I'm using a Nike running shoe which have always been comfortable for me to walk in until about 2 weeks ago. I was thinking about New Balance, any suggestions are greatly appreciated!! 

Answers

• Options
    I love New Balances! I also just purchased Sketcher sports, and I love them! They are super lightweight but give great support.

BabyFetus Ticker

Married to my love on 06-02-2007

Mikah Lucille born 03-02-2011

Baby Girl Zooey due October 2014

• Options
    I love my new balances. Try joesnewbalanceoutlet.com
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is def a personal preference area, but for walking/daily wear I prefer Sketchers. They are the only sneakers I can be on my feet in all day and not have pain. I prefer Asics for running/workout sneakers. 
  • Options
    I have horrible feet, bunions, hammertoes, plantar fasciitis & I used to wear only New Balance but have switched to Brooks for the last few years & love them. 

I will add that I work for a podiatrist & he recommends Brooks, New Balance, Asics, Saucony.  Also, seconding what @lindsayhilleary said if you can find a local running/walking store that will do a gait analysis that is really the best route, even if you don't end up buying shoes from them.  We have a local store that puts you on a treadmill & takes a video of how you walk &/or run, then the video is analyzed to determine the best type of shoe for your gait.  Once you know the type (neutral, guidance, support, etc), then you can choose the brand that best fits you.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    New Balance are my favorite, pregnant or not. I work retail and am on my feet up to 12 hours at a time. These are the most comfy I've found in 10 years of looking and I do find there's a difference in the ones found at an actual NB store vs the ones at regular department stores. The ones from NB are better quality and do last longer. Hope that helps.
  • Options
    I agree with what others have said. Don't just pick a shoe, go to a running store and have a gait analysis done and get a shoe that's right for you!!! Personally, I'm a Brooks fan for a stability shoe.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'd also suggest having a gait analysis done. As for me, my current pair of running shoes are Asics but I also like New Balance.
    O14 May Siggy Challenge: Cinco de Mayo
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Brooks!
  • Options
    The employee who helped me at our local running store actually told me that from his experience, Nikes are not great for anyone who needs a lot of support, like pregnant women! I would suggest going to your local running store and having them fit you professionally and assess any special needs that your feet may have, but I will tell you I walked out with an awesome pair of Brooks sneakers that I am loving so far. I didn't really know it was possible for my feet to feel so great! ;) It really is an individualized experience, though; my husband also got fitted, and because he has heel problems, a totally different type of shoe was recommended for him. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"