2nd Trimester
Options

Extreme weakness & fatigue

l_kolar2005l_kolar2005 member
edited April 2014 in 2nd Trimester
I am 20w5d pregnant with my second & boy has this pregnancy been different! Over the last couple days I have had extreme weakness, fatigue, loss of appetite, soreness all over, Braxton hicks (followed by little man doing karate), and just an overall ick feeling. Something doesn't feel right but I can't put my finger on it. I'm not running fever, no cold, headaches, allergies, or anything. Anyone else experience anything like this? I go to the dr tomorrow for my routine prenatal so I plan on discussing it with him, but don't know really where to start.

--Update: So I went to my scheduled appointment, and he basically said 'oh hey welcome to the second half of pregnancy.'  He said everything I was experiencing was normal.  Even said my bp being elevated to 134/78 wasn't a concern when it is normally around 120?  Seemed a little off to me...

Re: Extreme weakness & fatigue

• Options
    I had an episode of that a few weeks a go both of my little people had caught the chicken pox and i was working full time plus running the house, and i was exhausted to the point my tiredness made me feel like i was drunk (havent touched a drop so deff was not drunk) my vision was going funny and just felt generally unwell to the point i felt weepy so i call my midwife  and she advised me that i was suffering from sever exhaustion and to go on bed rest for a few days (easier said than done when you have 2 little people not well plus all the other things us ladies have to deal with).  that was a few weeks ago and im still not right now.  i should prob be going to the doctor to be signed off but feel guilty about being off from work
  • Options
    I would definitely ask your doctor about it.

I have also been a lot more tired this time around, to the point where sometimes when I get home in the afternoons I literally can't even make it through cooking dinner and just have to sit down and rest. I'm talking bone tired.

Thankfully the past week or two I have actually seen some improvements, so I'm hopeful that it just took longer for the second tri energy to catch up with me this time. Hope you feel better soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had a complication with my liver in pregnancy ( I don't think you could have it because it comes on late 3rd tri) but I am just telling you that the symptoms of liver problems can be fatigue/feeling sick in general, abdominal soreness or pain, and loss of appetite. They are very vague symptoms so of course you could have something completely unrelated. It might be worth it to mention that to your doc just in case!

first son stillborn 7/20/13 at 39 weeks due to Acute Fatty Liver of Pregnancy
    It's a girl! Baby Anna was born August 3, 2014!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"