July 2012 Moms

Throwing things out the car window

Tips on prevention?

I keep the window up enough that whatever toy he is holding won't fit out, but I'm also concerned about shoes and socks going out the window.  Asking/telling him not to is like telling water to not be so wet.

Do they make screens for cars?

I do have to keep the windows down or it smells like mildew inside since all the doors leak when it rains.  And Florida is hot already so I'd really like the kid to get a breeze.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
>>>---FSU--->

Re: Throwing things out the car window

• That is something I've thought about a lot because tucker always takes his socks and shoes off in the car and I would rather use the windows than the AC.  I just out his down a little bit and then put the other ones down farther.
    imageimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @aimee223 we have a Scion and he can stick his whole hand out and touch the outside.

Also, if he thinks it will fit out the window he tries to shove it out if throwing misses.

I'm concerned about him getting enough breeze with only 3 windows down and one cracked a few inches.

>>>---FSU--->

• Loading the player...
  • I'd be worried about things flying IN the car also if the windows are down too low!  I'd try to get the doors sealed to avoid the mildew smell, but if that's not an option then you could also get a small battery powered fan to use in the back and then just open the other windows to get fresh air.

It's hot and humid here too and we use the AC exclusively, and even put shades on the windows if we're going on a long car ride.  I can't imagine opening the windows on a summer day unless I'm trying to get the hot air out while the AC kicks in.
  • Maybe just use the AC??? I know in the summer here it's way to hot to just have the window down.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"