October 2012 Moms
Options

Wednesday

What's up?

Alice has been waking up earlier amd earlier since we dropped the paci a few weeks ago. I am absolutely less than imprrssed with her 5:45 wake up call this morning. I laid her back down but that only got me till 6:20. She used to sleep till 8.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies

Re: Wednesday

• Options
    We went for our filming at the doctor's office.  DD did reasonably well. We stopped at the park afterwards but it was cold so only stayed for 15 minutes.  Later this afternoon we go back to the doc for her 18 month check-up and then tonight we have the end of the year party for our children's church program. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am furious. We had a handyman here today, doing bits and bobs. Also had builders, so the house was chaotic. After everyone left, T went into the bathroom, which didn't bother me - she likes playing with her bath toys and it's been babyproofed. But then I heard an unfamiliar plastic rustle, so went to investigate: she was carrying an opened bottle of thinners!! The handyman must have been using it to wash paintbrushes or something. He would have left it on the floor if T could reach it.

This stuff:
    Lacquer thinner is used to dissolve and remove a variety of lacquer-based products. It is an extremely toxic substance that creates a number of hazards if it is not used in the correct way. The smallest splash on the skin can cause uncomfortable burning and rashes. Here are a few tips you should bear in mind when using lacquer thinner.
  • Options
    CnAnACnAnA member
    Holy crap @LorMor! How scary! :(

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    My sister is trying to get me to do a crossfit competition in Disney world! I want to say yes but I would feel guilty going to Disney without DD. It's only a 3 day competition but it sure would be nice to have some adult time and in the happiest place on earth why not right? I just need to make up my mind quick before it fills up.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    @LorMor super scary! So glad she is ok!

• Options
    My sister is trying to get me to do a crossfit competition in Disney world! I want to say yes but I would feel guilty going to Disney without DD. It's only a 3 day competition but it sure would be nice to have some adult time and in the happiest place on earth why not right? I just need to make up my mind quick before it fills up.
    I was just talking to my mom about wanting to maybe do a marathon at Disney World one year. I think it would be super fun!

• Options
    @laurenbullock DO IT!  and have fun!
  • Options
    I had my 6 week pp doc visit. C is at daycare, but I had to bring A. She screamed the whole time. I felt so bad, but thankfully there was a nice nurse that took her for a walk around the desks, and everyone was good natured about it. Sigh. Glad that's done.
    It's almost 60 here today, so I'm hoping A will tolerate the stroller and we can go for a walk.
  • Options

I was just talking to my mom about wanting to maybe do a marathon at Disney World one year. I think it would be super fun!

We were going to do the princess run an that's a half marathon! It's SUPER fun! But we are big crossfit people and this is the first time they are doing this. So we had to choose one and crossfit won
    @-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    CnAnACnAnA member
    Pretty sure I would give my kid just about anything in the world to make her quit doing the horrible ear splitting whine she is rocking today. I know she doesn't feel good but holy hell.

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options

@LorMor, how scary! I sure wish others would use more common sense when they're in houses with small children.

• Options
    Apparently being home with Mommy is exhausting. Elijah has been sleeping since 1:30. It is now 4:30. Usually his naps are only 2 hours long.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Would you mind if I ranted here? Yesterday I had one of the worst mom days ever, aside from the ER experience Sunday. Let me preface this by saying my house is STILL in shambles from the kitchen remodel. All the new stuff is in place and I have put everything back, but I still don't have a sink, microwave or dishwasher, and there's tools everywhere. You don't realize how much you miss something until it's not there! So I can cook for the most part, but I sure am missing my sink especially. DH has been working from sun up till late at night and hasn't had time to install my sink and faucet. I'm going nuts!

Maybe my farm woman friends will commiserate with me (@LexiSophie55 @HisMom12)!! My man is so busy at work this time of year, but he refuses to pay someone to come put my sink and faucet in. He says if he can just have half a day he can do it, but he won't get a half day until it rains, and who knows when that will be. Also, our yard is about 14 inches tall and he refuses to pay someone else to come mow it. I'm losing my mind having dishes in my laundry room and having the ugliest yard on the block!

Then yesterday he came with us to the pediatrician appointment and his brother was calling him every damn half hour telling him to get to the farm asap to work. So instead of going by the pharmacy, we had to go straight home so he could get to work. It's about a 30 minute drive to town. So later in the day I loaded up the girls (Kaylin was running a fever and really sick acting) and went back to town to fill our prescription. After a 30 minute wait and 30 minutes of listening to the girls scream, we were on our way home and I got a damn speeding ticket. I had so much on my mind I wasn't paying attention. I had a really ugly breakdown that lasted about 30 minutes in the car after I got the ticket. I'm sick too, which makes me feel even more unstable. Someone come get me and let's head for the border!!

• Options
    CnAnACnAnA member
    @BabyCarryingVessel ((hugs)) I'm sorry sweetie. :(

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    @babycarryingvessel Huge hugs to you! I hope that you get your sink installed really soon!

• Options
    Where did everyone go??  It has been a slow couple of days on O12.

• Options
    CnAnACnAnA member
    It really has!

Husband and I have started logging our food again. I realized I dont necessarily eat a lot (as compared to how I perceived a lot anyway) but I eat high calorie foods. And a lot of carbs. A LOT of carbs. So I am working on lowering my calorie intake and it makes me hangry. I want to wat ALLLLLLL the food.

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    Final update on the car my Hubby wanted. So it looks like the best interest rate they can give us is the 12% so I called the dealer and told him we were not taking the vehicle and thanked him for his time.  Case closed or so I thought. Turns out the dealer has been calling my Husband all day today and telling him what a great deal this is and he will take a extra $100 off and that we can always refinance in a few months and will get a lower rate.  I am beyond pissed now, so I call back and talk to the moron and tell him to stop calling we are no longer interested. He asks me what it will take for us to take the 4 runner and I told him we want the car for half what they are asking. He said he couldn't do that but that we are walking away from a wonderful NEW car. It is a 2003 how is a 11 year old car new???  So mad, and if he calls again I am driving to the dealership and making a scene. Now my Hubby is moping like a 2 year old at home because he can't have the car he fell in love with.

• Options
    @mbm1983 Yeah to the raise for next year, hope that they finally talk to you soon so you are not waiting in limbo any longer.
    :)

• Options
    I'm so irritated with work. I've been helping out another branch for almost a year and I'm just over it.

• Options
    @NeedUtonite‌ my brother calls anytime any of them gets sick and tries to blame us. Crazy part is that it was my niece (his kid) who gave B pertussis!!! If it would've been the other way around, he would've made me pay their hospital bill....

• Options
    @NeedUtonite‌ my brother calls anytime any of them gets sick and tries to blame us. Crazy part is that it was my niece (his kid) who gave B pertussis!!! If it would've been the other way around, he would've made me pay their hospital bill....
    "Pay their hospital bills" that is crazy!!!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @needutonite I love Parenthood!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"