August 2014 Moms
Options

[4/21] Aug '14 PGAL Weekly Check-In @)-->-----

Welcome to the August ‘14 PgAL Check-In! 
This is a weekly check-in for women who are due in the month of August (or thereabouts) and have suffered a previous pregnancy loss.  Being pregnant after a loss can produce a mix of emotions.  This check-in is intended to provide support while we make our way through each trimester. 
If your EDD has changed, please let me know.  I try to pay attention to the board and get the latest update, but apologies if I missed out and I'm posting outdated info.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDD (if this is your first time on the check in): 
How many weeks/ what fruit are you:
How are you feeling (physically/emotionally):
Upcoming appointments or milestones:
What's been going down this past week:
GTKY: What's your favorite Easter candy?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@abnelsen22 - 8/16/2014 - How did you appt go last week? Did the dr. have any suggestions for your headaches?
@arusso07 - 8/15/2014 - Good luck at your appt this week!
@babypants11 - 8/7/2014 - How did the third a/s go?
@bkroxfan003 - 8/21/2014 - How's your cold?
@caybeh - 8/3/2014 - How are things going?
@ColeyJ88 - 8/25/2014 - Congrats on your great performance in school!
@Elbug - 8/2/2014 - What's been going on?
@esmith10 - 8/16/2014 - How are things going?
@ginny5683 - 8/8/2014 - How did your glucose test go?
@KaleMonster - 8/4/2014 - What's been going on?
@kountingsheep - 8/24/2014 - How are things going?
@Lena76 - 8/22/2014 - What's been going on?
@linewifekat - 8/18/2014 - How are things going?
@luvbrettnizzy - 8/24/2014 - How were you appts last week?
@MamaTugboat - 8/6/2014 - What's been going on?
@mdarmetko - 8/7/2014 - Hey! That's me!
@MeganEMcG5 - 8/6/2014 - How did your OB appt go?
@mhiester314 - 8/7/2014 - How are things going?
@MorganElise511 - 8/12/2014 - Good luck at your MW appt this week!
@MrsDeo - 8/21/2014 - What's been going on?
@muffin87 - 8/9/2014 - How did your appt go last week?
@mv9310 - 8/22/2014 - How did the appt go?  Any relief from your sinus infection?
@NSAbby - 8/15/2014 - How are things going?
@Pink021 - 8/6/2014 - What's been going on?
@Ptarma - 8/23/2014 - How did the a/s follow-up go?
@Russiandea12 - 8/10/2014 - How are things going?
@spacedolphin11 - 8/3/2014 - How did the GD test go?
@tahitiansun - 8/18/2014 - How does it feel to be back from vacation?
@Third&goal - 8/18/2014 - Feeling any better this week?
@XpectingTwinnies - 8/11/2014 - Should the increase in iron also help with the hair loss?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image  image
BFP 5/08/13 -- EDD 1/15/14 -- slow hb@7wks d&c 6/07/13
BFP 8/12/13 -- EDD 4/20/14 -- no fetal pole @7wksnatural m/c 9/16/13, cytotec 10/17 & 10/22
BFP 11/26/13 -- EDD 8/07/14 -- Born 7/24/14!

Re: [4/21] Aug '14 PGAL Weekly Check-In @)-->-----

• Options
     How many weeks/ what fruit are you: 24 weeks, Cantelope
    How are you feeling (physically/emotionally): Starting to have difficulty sleeping thru the night, uncomfortable, having to pee, etc.  Otherwise feeling good both physically & emotionally.
    Upcoming appointments or milestones: Repeat U/S, Apt & Glucose Test next Wednesday
    What's been going down this past week: My parents were in town for Easter.  It was nice to spend time with the family.  Also loved seeing my 3 yr old hunting for his eggs & basket and enjoy Easter.  So fun.
    GTKY: What's your favorite Easter candy?  That's a difficult decision.  Probably Starburst Jellybeans.  But I also love Cadbury Creme & Carmel eggs.  That's the nice part of being the Easter Bunny, all the stuff I like fills the baskets :)

• Options
    How many weeks/ what fruit are you: 22 weeks, Papaya
    How are you feeling (physically/emotionally): feeling good! Feeling more moveme
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How many weeks/ what fruit are you:  22 weeks

How are you feeling (physically/emotionally): The backache has started.... I never had this with my last pregnancy but now it seems to never go away. ouch!

Upcoming appointments or milestones: just a couple of appointments coming up in May

What's been going down this past week: I missed the check in last week because we had a lovely week of vacation in Florida. Today's my last day of spring break and then it's back to work tomorrow.

GTKY: What's your favorite Easter candy?  Dove chocolate eggs :)

first son stillborn 7/20/13 at 39 weeks due to Acute Fatty Liver of Pregnancy
    It's a girl! Baby Anna was born August 3, 2014!

• Options
    How many weeks/fruit? 25 weeks, 1 day/ cauliflower

How are you feeling? Pretty good, minus that I have a cold again. However, I don't feel sick, so that's a plus, I guess.

Upcoming appointments: 5/2

What's been going on this week? We were at ILs for Easter weekend. DS had so much fun with Grandma and Grandpa. I don't think he wanted to come home.

What's your favorite Easter candy? Cadbury eggs

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

• Options
    How many weeks/ what fruit are you: 24w 5d

How are you feeling (physically/emotionally): Starting to feel run down by the end of the week, thank goodness for the weekends to sleep in!! As it's settling in that wk by wk this kid's viability (if premature) increases, I'm starting to really enjoy being pregnant. I love feeling her kick, and learning her patterns.

Upcoming appointments or milestones: Simple 24wk appt later this wk. 

What's been going down this past week: H felt her kick!!!! And our loan was officially approved, so the house is moving along nicely :) We close May 19th. Had some fun researching and pinning new furniture. And we scheduled the movers! 

GTKY: What's your favorite Easter candy? Cadbury Eggs with caramel. 
    BFP 8.3.13 | EDD 4.10.14 | MMC 8.29.13 @ 7w6d || BFP 11.25.13 | EDD 8.6.14
  • Options
    Thanks for asking, @mdarmetko! Third time was a charm, so we finally got cleared for no more a/s. What a relief!

How many weeks/ what fruit are you: 24w5d, cantelope
    How are you feeling (physically/emotionally): tired and huge, but good!
    Upcoming appointments or milestones: just had my regular check up today, so I won't go back for four weeks (and will do the glucose tolerence test then).
    What's been going down this past week: just trying to get settled after our Hawaii trip! It's a six hour time difference, so my sleep is all out if whack.
    GTKY: What's your favorite Easter candy? I like the candy coated mini eggs, Hershey's and Cadbury :)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Lena76Lena76 member
    edited April 2014
    Weeks/fruit- 22 weeks, papaya!

Feeling- pretty good. Worked hard cleaning out the guest room for baby Saturday and was super tired out!

Upcoming appts- may 9th

Past week- the C-section has been scheduled. August 15th at 7 am! So bizarre knowing his birthdate this far in advance!

GRKY- I love everything! Chocolate, candy- everything!
  • Options
    @babypants11 - Phew, glad Baby cooperated this a/s.  Welcome back to the continental states.
    @caybeh - A cold without feeling sick?  Could it be allergies?
    @Lena76 - Your due date is with a possible Virgo, but your C-section will Baby a Leo.  Guess you'll have to guage his personality to see where he really falls ;)
    @MamaTugboat - Sounds like you have a lot going on.  FX for a smooth move in a couple of months!
    @mmsweeney1 - Where in FL did you vacation? Boo for work and backaches.
    @mv9310 - Glad to hear the sinus infection is gone.  Sorry about the ventriculomegaly news.  Seems like you have a lot going on.
    @NSAbby - I napped a lot this weekend too!  I think she had a growth spurt of something :P
    @Russiandea12 - Aw, Easter egg hunt.  Sound like a good time!
    @salsy2012 - Sorry for your scare.  Is there any explanation or any next steps to see what's going on?

image  image
    BFP 8/12/13 -- EDD 4/20/14 -- no fetal pole @7wksnatural m/c 9/16/13, cytotec 10/17 & 10/22
  • Options
    @mdarmetko - I don't think it is allergies. I've never had allergies. It started out like a cold. I had a sore throat for a few days, then my nose was a little stuffy, then I was congested, and then it moved into my throat. But I never had that ahhh I feel so sick. It was just the symptoms. Weird, I know.

• Options
    caybeh said:
    @mdarmetko - I don't think it is allergies. I've never had allergies. It started out like a cold. I had a sore throat for a few days, then my nose was a little stuffy, then I was congested, and then it moved into my throat. But I never had that ahhh I feel so sick. It was just the symptoms. Weird, I know.
    @caybeh - This is exactly how my allergies show up every year!  They always start with a sore throat, that's how I know it's time to start popping the Zyrtec daily for the season.  Luckily I only get fall allergies, so I'm not dealing with it yet this spring.  I'm not sure if Zyrtec is pregnancy-safe, but it's a miracle-worker for my allergies every fall.

Also, I never had seasonal allergies until I turned 21 - they all of a sudden just showed up that year and they've come back every year since.  My doctor told me at the time that it's possible to develop new allergies anytime.  Lucky me  :P
    Well maybe it is allergies then. I guess we'll see if it goes away or not! I hope its only a cold....

• Options
    caybeh said:
    @caybeh - This is exactly how my allergies show up every year!  They always start with a sore throat, that's how I know it's time to start popping the Zyrtec daily for the season.  Luckily I only get fall allergies, so I'm not dealing with it yet this spring.  I'm not sure if Zyrtec is pregnancy-safe, but it's a miracle-worker for my allergies every fall.

Also, I never had seasonal allergies until I turned 21 - they all of a sudden just showed up that year and they've come back every year since.  My doctor told me at the time that it's possible to develop new allergies anytime.  Lucky me  :P
    This!  I had allergies out of nowhere (around the age of 20) when I was living in pollen infested Gainesville, FL.  I honestly thought it was a persistent cold and was even coughing.  When I went to the dr for antibiotics b/c it lasted so long, they told me it was allergies.  Also, apparently pregnancy can make allergies appear in women who have never had them.  On the other hand, my girlfriend who had severe allergies her whole life miraculously hasn't had any since her pregnancy last year and her birth in October.  Hopefully it is just a mild cold that will go away.  If it lingers, you may consider allergies though.

image  image
  • Options
    EDD- August 20th, 2014
    How many weeks/ what fruit are you: 22 weeks and 6 days
    How are you feeling (physically/emotionally): This is my first check in, but this is the same week that I lost my last baby and it has been so wearing on me. The fact that I have an anterior placenta this time is killing me, because I can very rarely feel baby move and I sit here and worry all day about her. I am really starting to drive myself crazy.
    Upcoming appointments or milestones: Have an appointment with a pediatrician tomorrow, it's early I know- but setting little things like this makes me feel like everything is going to be okay with baby.
    What's been going down this past week: I ate way too many mini Easter kit-kat bars. And the weather here is already in the 90's...soooo hot.
    GTKY: What's your favorite Easter candy? Anything chocolate that I can get my hands on.
  • Options
    @mdarmetko We stay at my in-laws' condo in Sarasota and it is so nice! I feel like I have post-vacation blues now though. It hit 80 here in Michigan today though so I bared my bikini bod in the back yard ;)

@Elbug Sounds like you had a scary week. I'm glad all your test results looked good.

first son stillborn 7/20/13 at 39 weeks due to Acute Fatty Liver of Pregnancy
    It's a girl! Baby Anna was born August 3, 2014!

• Options
    Hi! As usual thank you for your kindness and thoroughness with the chek-in.. :-) I hope everyone had a great Easter!!

The iron is indeed supposed to help with the hair issue, but it takes long to raise levels and even longer to have an effect on hair if/when it helps so it's a waiting game..

How many weeks/ what fruit are you: 24 weeks!! 2 Cantaloupes

How are you feeling (physically/emotionally): physically I'm feeling fine.. Emotionally it's a rollercoaster.. I'm so humbled and thankful to be having these babies.. One year ago we were thrilled to be naturally pregnant again after our first loss + 5 years of IF just to discover days later it was an ectopic and having to have an emergency surgery + tube removal.. We've been through so much and my body has taken a beating for so long.. But we're here now and I'm so grateful all seems to be going ok.. Still.. My hair.. :-/ I bought a wig which was emotionally draining..

Upcoming appointments or milestones: today we reached the first viability milestone!! Of course I want to keep them in as long as possible but it is a triumphant feeling to be at this point now.. Next goal 28!! I have the endocrinologist appointment on Friday.. I am hoping for answers and possible solutions for my hair.. Fingers crossed..

What's been going down this past week: as I mentioned I decided to buy a wig since it's gotten that bad.. I live far way from home so when I talk to my mom she thinks I'm exaggerating.. I finally had the guts to take an birds eye pic and she cried with me over the phone.. I have a new sense of respect for cancer patients they go through so much and losing their physical identity must be the final straw :-/ .. My GP + my Ob still say it happens and not to overthink it and wear a hat.. I hope the endocrinologist is more sympathetic because this is taking me down.. :'-( I don't want to cry anymore for my boy's sake but I can not even dare look myself in the mirror.. I'm waiting for the wig and hoping that helps.. But it's soul crushing in a new sense..

GTKY: What's your favorite Easter candy? I like them all.. The Lindt bunnies are a fave.. :-)
  • Options
    @salsy2012 I'm glad everything was okay!

BFP#1 6/27/13  EDD 3/5/14  MC 7/16/13
    BFP#2 11/25/13  EDD 8/4/14

It's a BOY!

Baby Blog

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @Elbug How scary!

BFP#1 6/27/13  EDD 3/5/14  MC 7/16/13
    BFP#2 11/25/13  EDD 8/4/14

It's a BOY!

Baby Blog

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    How many weeks/ what fruit are you: 23w5d mango I think

How are you feeling (physically/emotionally): Discomfort is creeping in, which is also making my fuse much shorter...especially with DS. I also find myself needing to eat more frequently. We were out on Saturday and I started feeling very shaky and light headed. Probably just low blood sugar since I was fine after eating. Time to start carrying around a granola bar at all times I guess!

Upcoming appointments or milestones: Fetal echo 4/29 for SUA check

What's been going down this past week: Short work week which was nice. I made progress on the nursery and got DS's "big boy" bedroom furniture. Also started a prenatal yoga class which I really enjoyed. OB appt went well, got a look at baby just hanging out with her mouth wide open! :)

GTKY: What's your favorite Easter candy? Peeps. I've always been a big fan. But I reall only like the yellow ones (preferably the chicks). Not a fan of other flavored peeps or other season Peeps. I'm definitely a Peep snob. :) But I pretty much love all Easter candy, and though it's probably best for my weight, I'm bummed the Easter candy fest is over.
  • Options

@mdarmetko-thanks for the check-in! I hope you and baby girl are feeling well!

@salsy2012 and @elbug- sorry about the scares this past week, glad things have turned out okay!!!

How many weeks/ what fruit are you: 23 weeks today-I think grapefruit? 

How are you feeling (physically/emotionally): I am feeling pretty well on both counts.  I have some hip pain, which my doctor says is from carrying DS.  I know I need to carry him less, but he is only 19 months and still is snuggly :)

24 week appointment next week

Just been trying to get back into a routine after vacation and Easter.  It is so great to be back, I really missed DS while we were gone, but at the same time it was nice having some down time!

I have a weakness for peeps. I am happy  that you can find them for almost any holiday now.  I actually just finished some valentine day heart peeps I found in my pantry :)

ETA:  I have no idea why my font is changing sizes on each line, sorry!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @bkroxfan003 - Sorry you had such a hard time as your loss EDD passed.  Seems like you did a great job of observing it though.
    @daniegirl123 - Welcome to the board.  Sorry you are having such a hard time this week.  I've started to look into pediatritians as well, so it's not that unusual :P
    @Elbug - Holy cow that's some scary crap!  I'm so sorry you had to go through that, but thankfully your tests turned out okay.  Does your MW want to monitor you more frequently now?
    @KaleMonster - Why the heck would you be in a room with no A/C in heat?!  It's totally okay to use your pregnancy card in that situation :D
    @lingchow8655 - Good luck on your GD test!
    @MeganEMcG5 - Great job with the rooms progress!
    @MorganElise511 - That IS a great perk.  I hope those 3D pics turned out awesome.
    @MrsDeo - I'm so sorry you are dealing with the emotional hardship of a possible disorder for the baby.  I really hope the genetic counselor can offer some answers.
    @muffin87 - Sorry you were feeling so crappy, but glad you are on your way to recovery.
    @Pink021 - I can't believe you are still dealing with the nausea!  I feel for you for sure.
    @Ptarma - Good luck at the a/s tomorrow.  Hopefully they can get a good read.
    @tahitiansun - Have you considered a sling for carrying him?  It may relieve some of the weight.
    @XpectingTwinnies - I am SO sorry you are having to deal with this hair loss issue.  I totally understand how this can take such an emotional toll on you. I really hope the wig helps. Also, congrats on reaching v-day!

image  image
  • Options
    How many weeks/ what fruit are you: 23 weeks/ Grapefruit

How are you feeling (physically/emotionally): Physically, I have started to swell some but other than that I feel really good. Emotionally, I feel good until I begin to feel overwhelmed trying to buy cribs, travel systems, and other baby goods. Whew! So many choices.

Upcoming appointments or milestones: Had an appointment today and he was really active. It was so good to hear his heartbeat and him moving as I felt his kicks. :) Next appointment is the glucose test. So looking forward to that one.

What's been going down this past week: Been spending time with the family for Easter. Had a great three day weekend filled with all kinds of fun things.

GTKY: What's your favorite Easter candy? Oh my goodness, the Russell Stover Chocolate Marshmallow/Milk Chocolate bunnies. I used to only like the regular marshmallow but I am so addicted to these now it is not even funny. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the check in: 

EDD - Still 8/18
    How many weeks/ what fruit are you:  23 Weeks 
    How are you feeling (physically/emotionally):  Feeling much better physically.  My back pain is much better this week.  
    Upcoming appointments or milestones: Have to retake my glucose test next month and see the doctor at 28 weeks.  I'm not sure why but I'm going almost 6 weeks between appointments.  I don't really mind though because I can monitor my weight and blood pressure at home.  
    What's been going down this past week:  Lots of feeling the baby.  I posted that this past week was my last loss EDD.  It was nice to know we have a little one on the way and suddenly August is seeming really close.  Remind me I said that later in July!  
    GTKY: What's your favorite Easter candy?  Normally starburst jelly beans but the butterfingers eggs have been great too! 
    CafeMom Tickers

Pregnancy #3 after two prior losses in 2013

EDD 8/18 

• Options
    ginny5683 said:
    mdarmetko said:
     I had allergies out of nowhere (around the age of 20) when I was living in pollen infested Gainesville, FL.

@mdarmetko - are you a fellow Gator?!?!?!  2001-2004 here.  =)

Just wanted to say:  Go Noles!  
    CafeMom Tickers

Pregnancy #3 after two prior losses in 2013

EDD 8/18 

• Options
    ginny5683 said:
    mdarmetko said:
     I had allergies out of nowhere (around the age of 20) when I was living in pollen infested Gainesville, FL.

@mdarmetko - are you a fellow Gator?!?!?!  2001-2004 here.  =)

Just wanted to say:  Go Noles!  
    hahaha... here we go....

image  image
  • Options
    ColeyJ88ColeyJ88 member
    edited April 2014
    How many weeks/ what fruit are you: 22 weeks
    How are you feeling (physically/emotionally): Doing pretty well in both areas! I've started to have occasional heartburn that radiates pain into my back. Thankfully I work for two wonderful chiropractors, and their adjustments have helped immensely.
    Upcoming appointments or milestones: Next appointment is in 2 weeks.
    What's been going down this past week: Well my coworker unexpectedly quit over the weekend. Left a note saying her relationship went downhill and she left town. Not that any timing for that is good, but I'm in the final weeks of school, and my friend, who's birth I'll be attending, has been having contractions for 5 days. I feel so overwhelmed that I not only have to try to cover hours at work (as I am the only massage therapist now), but I also have to find time to do interviews and hire someone!
    GTKY: What's your favorite Easter candy? Probably the starburst jelly beans:) And I know that I might get major hate for this... but I very much dislike peeps.
    blighted ovum 5w3d 10/11
    Aidan Russell 8/7/12
    missed m/c 8w6d 11/1/13
    Shane Ryan 8/25/14
    imageimage
  • Options
    @arusso07 - Don't you love when they are all active!?  Glad you had a good appt.
    @ColeyJ88 - That's definitley unneeded added stress. I hope you find a replacement soon!
    @ginny5683 - Sho nuff I'm a Gator!  I graduated in 2003.  Great job at your 24 week, measuring on track!
    @mhiester314 - Wouldn't you know I had the same issue with my H last week.  I felt he was real irritable with me (the root cause being work, but he let it spill over into his home life).  So I was feeling like he just didn't want to be around me.  It turned into a big thing and we talked it out.  It's hard not to internalize it all.
    @Third&goal - I feel like the second tri is flying by too!

image  image
  • Options
    @mdarmetko I'm still here! Sorry I missed out last week and am late this week!

EDD (if this is your first time on the check in): 8/14/2014
    How many weeks/ what fruit are you: 24 weeks today, cantaloupe
    How are you feeling (physically/emotionally): My sinus infection is back and I'm just really hoping it doesn't turn into inner ear again. Emotionally great, feeling kicks more often and planning and purchasing little things.
    Upcoming appointments or milestones: VDay today! Glucose test/routine appt May 1.
    What's been going down this past week: I am a photographer on the side and I had to do DS's daycare's school pictures last week, yea I've really been feeling it. All the up and down and moving around made me sore lol.
    GTKY: What's your favorite Easter candy? Reeses eggs, cookies and cream eggs or bunnies, jelly beans!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"