November 2014 Moms
Options

NBR - favorite crock pot meals?

I'm getting bored of my lunches so I'm thinking about crocking something this weekend.  What are your favorites?  Bonus love tits for recipes!

Re: NBR - favorite crock pot meals?

• Options

Similar to @bethas - Pulled Pork! Melts in your mouth! Here's the link to the recipe I use: https://allrecipes.com/recipe/slow-cooker-texas-pulled-pork/
    I add some extra chili powder because I like it spicier :)

• Options
    KMW08KMW08 member
    I'm pretty basic.

I do chicken - quarters, breasts (with bones) along with some seasoned water (salt, pepper, garlic, onion powder).

Once the chicken is done I remove it & the bones & shred it. Then I'll strain the broth to remove particles & fat. Pour the broth back into the crock pot, add frozen-egg-noodles, some veggies and shredded chicken to make chicken noodle soup.

While that's cooking for the next meal, I'll use the shredded chicken in something like chicken tacos/quesadillas.

BFP#4 3/17/14 - rainbow Baby BOY arrived 11/10/14 !!

DX: Uterine Septum - Resection 9/5/13 || MTHFR Hetero A1298C || My Chart

image    image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    icaughtfireicaughtfire member
    edited April 2014
    Found this recipe on Pinterest & make it often: https://www.chef-in-training.com/2011/10/crock-pot-santa-fe-chicken/

(Hope the link works!) It makes enough for days! I serve it over yellow rice, or rolled up in a tortilla with sour cream & cheese.

ETA -- can also be served over tortilla chips. Santa Fe chicken nachos..you're welcome.
    Number One: Born 06.16.2009
    BFP: 01.17.2014 / MC 02.05.2014
    BFP: 03.08.2014 / MMC: 05.07.2014
    Dx: Gestational Trophoblastic Disease
    Currently on the bench. [Chart]

• Options
    Salsa chicken - frozen chicken, salsa, taco seasoning and black beans and/or frozen corn. Serve over rice with cheese and sour cream.
    DD1 8.2008 | DD2 1.2010 | DD3 6.2012 | Baby #4 EDD 11.6.2014
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Pot roast! I know it's old school but I have really been wanting some. Beef roast with carrots, onion and peas. I usually just cook it in water with a packet of brown gravy mix and some worchestershire sauce. Over mashed potatoes, or alone.
  • Options
    I do Salsa Chicken a lot and shred it up to make tacos.  Today I have Mississippi Roast in the crock pot.  It's really easy and yummy.  Sprinkle one packet of Au Jus and one Packet of Ranch mix over a roast and top with a stick of butter ( I use beef broth to save calories instead of butter sometimes).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm currently obsessed with BBQ Ribs. Just buy some boneless ribs, throw em' in and cover them in Sweet Baby Ray's bbq sauce and cook for a few hours. We always put it with Bob Evans mashed potatoes. They're premade obviously but they're AMAZING. I can never make real mashed potatoes as good as Bob Evans refrigerated taters ;-) 

• Options
    OK, now I'm really hungry.  Everything sounds great.  Especially the nacho topping. 

• Options
    Kristy774Kristy774 member
    edited April 2014
    Best pot roast you will EVER eat. The roast- a family sized can of cream of mushroom soup, a packet of Lipton onion soup mix- a couple shakes of garlic powder - let cook all day.

I think I'm going to make this tomorrow I'm craving it now. Sometimes I throw in cut up onions and mushrooms but its good with them or without.
  • Options
    Mississippi pot roast: 1 envelope ranch dressing mix, 1 envelope au jus mix, 1/2 stick butter (original recipe calls for 1 stick, I thought it was a little too oily), bunch of pepperocinis. Put all of that on top of roast. No added liquid.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Cheesy chicken and rice. It's not the healthiest but yummy if you are craving a comfort food and good for leftovers to heat up. Also I know a lot of people prefer to stay away from processed cream of chicken soup so you can probably make your own instead. The seasoned yellow rice is really a must. I usually don't mix in the rice into the crock pot because of the consistency and just plate the chicken on top of the rice.

https://www.southernplate.com/2010/09/slow-cooker-cheesy-chicken-and-rice-the-downside-of-being-a-swan-princess.html
  • Options
    Cheesy chicken and rice. It's not the healthiest but yummy if you are craving a comfort food and good for leftovers to heat up. Also I know a lot of people prefer to stay away from processed cream of chicken soup so you can probably make your own instead. The seasoned yellow rice is really a must. I usually don't mix in the rice into the crock pot because of the consistency and just plate the chicken on top of the rice. https://www.southernplate.com/2010/09/slow-cooker-cheesy-chicken-and-rice-the-downside-of-being-a-swan-princess.html
    Oh, yum!  And that looks like something DH would like too (he's a little picky!).  Thanks!

• Options
    Another one that we tried and enjoyed is this honey garlic chicken slow cooker dish. Super simple and limited ingredients. I haven't made it in a while but it was pinned in my "keeper" file on Pinterest so we liked it.

I also like making Asian inspired dishes in there like beef with broccoli etc.

https://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2011/09/honey-garlic-chicken-slow-cooker-recipe.html?m=1
  • Options
    salsa chx served over rice or made in to a burrito

beef & broccoli (i think it's emily's bites)

pot roast with carrots and potatoes

i cook chx a lot for the sake of having shredded chx. i hate boiling it in a pot. 

i swear i use my crockpot constantly but can't think of what else i use it for. i haven't cooked since getting pregnant so i've been pretty useless lately.
    TTC #2: 12/2012
    Back to our beloved RE 10/2013
    BFP #5 3/5/14
    Beta 1: 47. Beta 2: 87. Beta 3: 482!

Baby CCH v2.0 due 11.14.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Something a little different. This is one of my absolute favs:

BFP 2.22.14 | EDD 11.2.14 | DS 11.7.14

• Options
    @abbyful‌ I'm thinking of trying that pot roast this weekend, is it spicy?
  • Options
    Lasagna and BBQ ribs
    Bfp #1: 2/20/2014 Baby girl born on 11/3/2014
    Anniversary

nov 2014 

• Options
    Kristy774 said:

@abbyful‌ I'm thinking of trying that pot roast this weekend, is it spicy?

Not spicy at all, IMO. The recipe calls for 5 pepperocinis, I used like 15+ last time, it was still mild enough for my toddler.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

• Options
    I'd love to try some of these recipes! I have been trying to get into using my crockpot, but I've been disappointed with several of the recipes I've made so it would be nice to make a few that come so highly recommended.
  • Options
    jess123456jess123456 member
    edited April 2014
    I've also made a lasagna in my crockpot that had cottage cheese in it. It was yummy! I used no boil lasagna noodles. I can't seem to find the exact recipe but there are tons online.

I should mention that I don't have a round crockpot but a wider one so that helped but I am sure you can do it with the round ones just using shorter noodles.
  • Options
    For pot roast we use one envelope each of brown gravy, onion soup and ranch mix added to 2 cups of beef broth (can also sub one can of beef consomme).  Sear the roast before adding to crock pot, dump the mix over and cook low for 8-10 hours (10 for us pregos because underdone meat is bad).  Take out the roast when done and let it rest while you add some cornstarch mixed in water to the juices on high in a pot on the stove, bring to a boil to thicken.  And now I'm drooling.  We make it with mashed or baked potatoes and green beans.  I find any time you cook potatoes and carrots in with the meat they all come out tasting the same which is great for stews or chilis but not so much for a roast. 

• Options
    Check out mix and match mama crock pot meals... I do a lot of my meal planning off of her, and she has lots of crock pot meals.
  • Options
    Mmmm....I'm now curious about making honeycrisp apple sauce.  :-?
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Cheesy chicken and rice. It's not the healthiest but yummy if you are craving a comfort food and good for leftovers to heat up. Also I know a lot of people prefer to stay away from processed cream of chicken soup so you can probably make your own instead. The seasoned yellow rice is really a must. I usually don't mix in the rice into the crock pot because of the consistency and just plate the chicken on top of the rice. https://www.southernplate.com/2010/09/slow-cooker-cheesy-chicken-and-rice-the-downside-of-being-a-swan-princess.html
    This is the only thing I want now and I can't stop thinking about it.  I'm sad that I'm at work and it takes 7 hours to cook.  At least I know what we're having for dinner tomorrow!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"