September 2013 Moms
Options

We abandoned sleep training

It just wasn't right for us. He will eventually sleep. Right now he needs me. He's going through some major milestones (crawling, sitting from all 4s, pulling up). I figure he needs a little 'Home base'

And for a little awimage

The Mob Boss 
Birth: 10lbs 11oz, 21.5 inches <> 1 mo: 14lbs 7oz, 23.5 inches
2mo: 18lbs 15oz, 25.5 inches <> 4mo: 26lbs 8oz, 27.5 inches6mo: 29lbs 8oz, 30 inches <> 9mo: 32lbs, 32 inches12 mo: 37lbs, 34.5 inches <> 15 mo: 38lbs 6 oz, 36 inches. 20.5 inch noggin18 mo: 43lbs, 37.75 inches 21 inch head2yr: 47 lbs, 42 inches. 21.5 inch head. Woah.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage

Re: We abandoned sleep training

• Options
    Salemkitty13Salemkitty13 member
    edited April 2014
    They are sooo cute! When I saw the pic I said awwww. 
    Which reminds me when I first came to TB I thought AW was awwww. :\">
    I hope Leo sleeps well regardless!
  • Options
    How stinkin cute!!

I hope things go smoothly for all the sleeps!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We're on day 6 or 7 (can't even remember) of modified Ferber. Each night it's taken her an hour to fall asleep and she cries more than I hoped for. Every night I feel like giving up. However, she was sleeping in her bouncer before this and she was swaddled. It was a horrible sleeping situation. CIO is the only way she will fall asleep in her crib and even though it takes her an hour to fall asleep, she sleeps anywhere from 3-8 hours without waking (huge improvement from waking every 30 minutes). 

It is definately not for everyone. Tbh, it's not even for me. I hate it. I wish there was another way but there just simply isn't. Do whatever makes you & baby happy! At least you gave it a try.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 1.5.13 - EDD 9.5.13 - Ysabella Sofia born 9.12.13
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I gave up too, it wasn't right for us either. I'm in the same boat, she is also going through some major milestones, sitting for minutes at a time for the first time the past 2 days!!! & trying hard to crawl. Our little strong willed babes will sleep one day! This isn't forever so whatever works best is how I've been looking at it.
  • Options
    eyriseyris member
    Ugh, I'm right behind you.

We're two months in and keep going back and forth on it even being effective.  Everything was great for a few weeks and then a bunch of milestones happened (crawling, pulling up on things into standing position, reflux got worse for a bit from crawling, started saying new consonants, etc.) and sleeping went to hell.  

We were working on "re-sleep training" him and now it looks like his front top two teeth are starting to come in and I think it hurts him to lay flat.  His gums look so huge and you can totally see the teeth coming down.  Bedtime has been awful and he only wants to sleep on me.
    My little guy!  Everett Richard born 9/3/13

• Options
    I don't blame you at all. I almost started a few weeks ago but then she got a cold and started teething. I held off until this week and I'm sure I did the right thing.
    DS: 2/17/11          DD: 9/4/13
  • Options
    I'm waiting until closer to a year cause I want to be able to say it bedtime night night and walk away unlike DS1, he's 3 and still needs one of us in bed with him to fall asleep most nights. We will do something with him too but I've held off because if DS2 needing to sleep too. Sigh...
  • Options
    Sorry sleep training didn't work out for you this time around And for your aw... sooooooo stinking cute!!!
  • Options
    Follow your mommy instincts!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options
    Nope. Tried it once, can't do it. I want to throw up just thinking about it. I actually brought LO into the bed with us at ~5 mos, and I anticipate she'll be here awhile.

• Options
    Right there with you! We have been doing a very gentle approach where we sit with him while he falls asleep but it's so exaughsting!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"