August 2014 Moms
Options

POAS Party-would you do it?

I just saw this blog post by Rosie Pope-https://www.rosiepope.com/blog/pee-party-trying-to-conceive/

This is definitely not my cup of tea, would you do it?

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: POAS Party-would you do it?

• Options
    Uuummmm no.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options
    shevaCCshevaCC member
    edited April 2014
    I didn't have a pee party, but posted on DD's BMB right after peeing. It was really great to have a supportive group of friends to share that news with months before I told anyone IRL except parents/ILs.

ETA - Especially since DH was more shocked than excited and wasn't sure he believed it at first. Even though we were trying, but that's just how he is.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Is this real life?!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Our first.. Baby BOY! EDD 8/20/14 :) 
  • Options
    Hahaha! Oh god, could you imagine? I see that potentially being a shit show. Especially if a majority got BFPs and the ones that didn't had been struggling with TTC. It's bad enough to get a BFN in that situation but watching your support group squee after that? Some ladies would be tactful about it but it's the internet and realistically someone would always end up all butt hurt. Not a party I would RSVP to personally.
    Soon to be mommy of 3!
    DS Grayson (3yrs) (Emergency Csec)
    imageDS Camden (1yr) (All natural Vbac)
    DD Isabella due 8/2/2014

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Nope.  Especially since we never tell anyone IRL when we're TTC. 

son#1 born 6/2010

son#2 born 4/2012

son#3 born 7/2014

• Options
    A modified version maybe. Like on the third child with my SIL (like my sister) and two close girl friends. But not a crowd of people or anything. But first child is special and with this second I just sent DH a text so if I wanted a third and it was my last....,maybe.......

'I loved you for a thousand years and I will love you for a thousand more'

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    There are some groups here that make a pact to all POAS the same day and report your findings. I also guess TTGP sort of does this kind of thing with the 2ww threads. I'd report of 2ww but never did the pacts...
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • Options
    Yeah, no.  Just no.

My first I POAS because it was the day I was supposed to (fertility treatments etc...) I did it in a hurry on my way to work because I didn't think I actually was pregnant!  So husband and I had zero time to soak it in as I was already late!

My second one I was on the phone with my best friend when I realized I was a couple days late.  Took the test while I was on the phone with her (at her instance lol) and it popped positive immediately

My third I got a super faint line on a dollar store test, when I was having irregular cycles.  I had just barely weaned my daughter so I was only on my second cycle since it came back.   I asked a friend to pick up a "real one" for me.  So she ran and got me a Clear Blue Digital that popped back "Pregnant"

So I've had either a friend or a spouse there in some form each time I tested, but I would never do a huge party.  Seems kind of weird, even a little AWish (here's an excuse for me to have a party every month with all my TTC friends for the foreseeable future!) and a total emotional trap if months go by where you're just.... not.

• Options
    No. That's the very definition of TMI.

I also think it's nasty to post pictures of your pregnancy test. You peed on that. Ick.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"